- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles
The city has a rich legacy of industries like entertainment and aerospace, and now we're seeing our tech sector take off. That's because we made it easier for tech companies to open and expand in LA.
LA MEETINGS: DECODED
The city of innovation. The Capital of Creativity. LA adds a dimension of discovery to your meeting – one that’s rare to find in tech hub destinations. From our beaches to our hills, attendees will see what’s possible–not just in tech but in culture, art and unexpected experiences.
Built by creatives and evolved by innovators, LA is a hub for today’s tech leaders. Disrupters. Nobel Prize winners. Inventors. Entrepreneurs. LA’s knowledge base is unmatched … and accessible for your meeting’s speaking or sponsorship opportunities.
Downtown LA’s 5G-equipped convention center, walkable hotels, multibillion-dollar entertainment epicenter and inimitable atmosphere make up one of the most remarkable convention campuses in the country.
Past and recurring tech meetings in Los Angeles include:
• Adobe MAX
• Society for Information Display
With ease of access and 90+ direct domestic flights, Los Angeles International Airport, the West Coast's largest airport, brings together many of the most innovative professionals within the tech industry.
LA TECH + STARTUP
“Los Angeles reached new funding highs in 2021, where its early-stage tech startups represented 62% of total deals in the region.”
- BLOOMBERG, 2022
See the list of top tech and startup companies in the Greater Los Angeles region.
LA TECH + HEALTH
“If we're innovating health products & services meant for the future of [...] the globe, there's hardly a better place than LA, where diverse populations can build and test [them].”
- DAVID J. WHELAN, CEO OF BIOSCIENCELA
LA’s diverse medical community and internationally acclaimed facilities make the region one of the world’s leading healthech and medical destinations.
LA TECH + ENTERTAINMENT
LA TECH + COMMUNITY
“One of Los Angeles’ greatest strengths is the diversity of our community.”
- DARREN GREEN, CSO OF LA TOURISM
Los Angeles’ spirit of community is the pioneering force behind many of the world’s most conscious, innovative and inclusive technologies.
VENUES & FACILITIES
From convention facilities to spaces with cutting-edge conference technology, there’s an LA meeting and event venue for the most selective planners.
HIGH TECH IN HIGH PLACES
From picturesque ocean views to sweeping cityscapes, these Los Angeles venues with a view will inspire your group of bright minds.
California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
• Private, world-renowned science and engineering institute founded in 1891
• Approximately 1,000 undergraduates and 1,250 graduate students
• Manages the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) for NASA
• National and international recognition of faculty and alumni, including 44 Nobel Prizes
• Located in Pasadena
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
• Public research university founded in 1919 as the southern branch of the University of California
• Approximately 31,600 undergraduates and 14,300 graduate students
• Located in the Westside Region of LA
• 15 Nobel Laureates, 15 MacArthur Fellows, 11 National Medical of Science Winners, three Pulitzer Prize Winners
University of Southern California (USC)
• Private research university founded in 1880
• Approximately 21,000 undergraduate and 28,500 graduate students
• Located in the Downtown region of LA
Loyola Marymount University (LMU)
• Private Jesuit university founded in 1911
• Approximately 10,000 undergraduate, graduate & law school students
• Located between Marina Del Rey & LAX
• No. 75 in "Best National Universities in the U.S." - U.S. News & World Report, 2022
• No. 90 nationally Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education, 2022
• No. 22 "Best Undergraduate Teaching" - U.S. News & World Report, 2022
Our team at LA Tourism will help you navigate your options, taking what feels like a big city and making it a welcoming and accessible place for your tech meeting, convention or event. Let us show you what’s possible.