Your Guide to Hosting Medical Meetings in Los Angeles
Host your meeting or convention in one of the world's top destinations for the medical, health and life sciences industries: Los Angeles – where everything is possible, from new frontiers in medicine to global connections among the world’s brightest minds.
Access LA’s Medical Community & Industry Leaders
- LA is home to a renowned medical community of hospitals, health centers and research and academic institutions – several of which are funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- 3 LA hospitals are on Newsweek's World's Best list: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, UCLA Health - Ronald Reagan Medical Center and Keck Hospital of USC.
- The LA metro region is among the top 5 centers for health tech companies in the world.
- LA has the 2nd-highest employment level in healthcare practitioners and technical occupations.
- Kaiser Permanente is LA’s biggest healthcare provider and the county’s largest nongovernment employer.
Integrate innovation and valuable content into your program through LA’s leaders and visionaries within your industry's sectors and subsectors.
LA Area Medical Communities
Greater Los Angeles Life Science Industry
- Greater LA has 3,900+ life science establishments. 97,117 people were directly employed as life science workers in 2022 (a 4% increase from the previous year).
- LA received $1.2B in total NIH awards (which means biomedical innovations, a bolstered economy and improved productivity in research).
- UC Los Angeles was among the top 15 NIH-funded institutions.
Global Accessibility Through the West Coast’s Largest Airport
Through Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), you can offer global accessibility, bringing in attendees who, otherwise, might not have been able to participate.
- 16 miles from LAX to the city core
- 170+ non-stop destinations in 42 countries
- World-class Metro transportation system
- 50+ LAX area hotels
The Convention Core
Accommodate attendees with diversified hotel and venue options in the Downtown convention core.
- 5G-equipped Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC)
- L.A. LIVE, the entertainment and sports epicenter of Downtown
- 12 hotels within walking distance of LACC
- 300+ restaurants nearby
The Science of Attraction
Where attendees meet can change how they meet. Los Angeles is one of the most recognized destinations. The world is here – attracting people to the idea that they can have authentic, diverse and even transformative cultural experiences while meeting and exploring. Whether at a unique off-site location, a globally-inspired restaurant or an iconic cultural site, anyone can uncover pieces of LA (and the world) during their time here.