The Ultimate Guide to Los Angeles Dodgers Game Day
It's time for Dodger baseball!
One of the true cathedrals of Major League Baseball, Dodger Stadium is home to some of the greatest moments in baseball history, unforgettable special events, and the iconic Dodger Dog. For local and visiting baseball fans alike, read on for the best guide on how to do a Dodger game right, from tickets to getting to the ballpark, dining, promotions and special nights.
To celebrate Opening Day 2023, Union Station is hosting a free watch party and fan fest on Thursday, March 30 from 6pm to 10pm in the South Patio. Watch the game live on a large LED screen surrounded by family-friendly activities such as face painting and a DIY baseball card photo station. Enjoy music, prizes and giveaways with fan-favorite branded mini-bats, iconic baseball themed snacks and Union Station swag.
Top 10 Greatest Moments in Dodger Stadium History
Since opening its gates in 1962, Dodger Stadium has hosted ten World Series and the Dodgers have won five World Championships. Through the decades, Dodger Stadium has seen Hall of Famers, World Champions, no-hitters, MVPs and Cy Young Award winners. The stadium is also one of the greatest entertainment venues in the country, hosting special events that range from the Beatles to the Pope, the NHL Stadium Series, and the Harlem Globetrotters. Read on for the Top 10 greatest baseball moments in Dodger Stadium history.
All Dodger games and events are digitally ticketed with access exclusively through the MLB Ballpark App. To access your Dodger tickets, download the free app, available for all smartphones in their respective platforms. Tickets purchased through Dodgers.com will be in the app under "Tickets."
Single-game tickets to Dodger home games are available online at dodgers.com/tickets or by phone at 866-DODGERS.
- Premium Sales (Dugout Club, Baseline Boxes & Suites) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership - email@example.com
- Group Ticket Sales (15 or more tickets) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wheelchair & Accessible Seating - use the online interactive seat map or call 866-DODGERS
Promotions & Giveaways
Throughout the season, Dodger games feature promotional giveaways, such as jerseys and bobbleheads, while supplies last. This year's giveaways include a Jackie Robinson Jersey (April 15), Vin Scully Jersey (April 18), Mother's Day Picture Frame (May 14), Julio Urias City Connect Jersey (May 30) and Father's Day Bucket Hat (June 18).
Legendary Dodgers pitcher Fernando Valenzuela will be honored with a three-day celebration dubbed "Fernandomania," when the Dodgers host the Colorado Rockies on August 11-13. The festivities include Fernando's No. 34 being retired during the Ring of Honor ceremony on Friday the 11th; a Fernando bobblehead giveaway on Saturday; and Fernando's 1981 World Series ring replica giveaway on Sunday.
Special Event Packages
Special Event Packages include a ticket to the game and an exclusive promo item. 2023 season highlights include Healthcare Appreciation Night (April 14), Hello Kitty Night (April 17), Teacher Appreciation Day (April 30), LAFC Night (May 1), Star Wars Night (May 2), Mexican Heritage Night (May 16), Military Appreciation Night (May 29), Black Heritage Night (June 14), LGBTQ+ Pride Night (June 16), Luau Night (July 5) and Japanese Heritage Night (July 8).
Dodger Dogs and More
When it's time for Dodger baseball, it's also time for the iconic Dodger Dog, provided by Vernon-based Papa Cantella’s throughout the ballpark. Family-owned and operated, Papa Cantella's also offers Louisiana Hot Link, Bratwurst, and Italian Sausage at the LA on Deck Circle. The official plant-based Dodger Dog is the Signature Stadium Dog from Seattle's Field Roast.
Dodger Stadium food options include the Cold Cuts Grinder at Dodgers Deli on the Loge Level; Nashville-style Hot Chicken Tenders at Sweet Chick on the Field Level; Korean Short Rib Bowl at Base Bowls on the Field Level; and the MVP Platter (burnt ends, cornbread, pulled pork, coleslaw, smoked picante) at Think Blue BBQ in the Centerfield Pavilion.
Outside food is permitted as long as it's in a clear bag smaller than 12"x12"x6" and not in glass bottles, cans, coolers, glass containers or thermoses. Unbroken, factory-sealed plastic bottles of non-alcoholic beverages of 1 liter or less are permitted. No outside food or beverage can be brought into stadium suites.
Friday Night Light Show
There's always a good chance fans will see some fireworks on the field at a Dodger game. But the whole family is sure to enjoy the Friday Night Light Show - a themed fireworks or drone show after every Friday night home game. NOTE: There will be no fireworks if the game goes past 10:59pm.
- Fireworks: April 14, April 28, May 12, June 23, July 4, July 28, Aug. 18, Sept. 1
- Drone Shows: March 31, June 16, July 7, Sept. 22
Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance. Prepaid General Parking is $27 per vehicle for automobiles and motorcycles, and is available until 3 hours before the scheduled first pitch. On game day, parking is $30 once parking gates open (2.5 hours prior to game time). NOTE: gates do not accept cash for parking.
- Exterior Parking: For select Dodger home events, fans can purchase Exterior Parking in Lots 13 and 14 for $5. These first-come, first-served lots are located offsite on Stadium Way between Vin Scully Avenue and the 110 Freeway. NOTE: there is an uphill walk to Dodger Stadium from these lots that takes 10-15 minutes. A free shuttle is available for fans with disabilities by calling Fan Services at (323) 224-2611.
- Preferred Parking starts at $50 and should be purchased before arriving at Dodger Stadium. Preferred Parking passes sold at the auto gates cost $60.
- Oversize Vehicle Parking: Prepaid parking for large vehicles (buses, motor homes, limousines, et al) is $50. Oversize Vehicle Parking is $60 on game day. All oversize vehicles will be directed to park in Lot 12.
DODGER STADIUM EXPRESS
The Dodger Stadium Express is FREE for all ticket holders! Fans are encouraged to Go Metro and use public transit to connect to the Dodger Stadium Express at Union Station in Downtown LA or in the South Bay.
- Union Station service uses a dedicated bus lane on Sunset Boulevard from Union Station to Vin Scully Avenue.
- Dodger Stadium Express boards near the Taxi Zone/Homebound Brew Haus on the southwest side of Union Station.
- Buses run every 10 minutes, starting 90 minutes before game time.
- Exit at one of two stops - behind Center Field or at the Top Deck. Service back to Union Station will pick up at the same stops after the game.
- Return service runs for 45 minutes after the final out or 20 minutes after post-game events.
- Parking at Patsaouras Bus Plaza is $8.
- Board at any of the following stations: Slauson, Manchester, Harbor Freeway, Rosecrans, or Harbor Gateway Transit Center (Bay 9).
- Buses run every 20 minutes starting 2 hours before game time, with the last bus leaving Harbor Gateway Transit Center at game time.
- Drop off is behind Center Field. Service back to the South Bay will pick up at the same stop after the game.
- Return service begins after the end of the 7th inning, with the last bus departing 45 minutes after the final out or 20 minutes after a post-game event.
METRO BIKE SHARE
There are dozens of Metro Bike Share stations throughout Downtown L.A., offering convenient car-free access to Union Station and the Dodger Stadium Express.
Uber is the preferred rideshare of the Dodgers. Drop-offs are permitted at any of Dodger Stadium's three open entry gates. After the game, head to the Uber Zone in Lot 11, outside of the stadium gates and next to the Sunset, Gate A parking entrance. Drivers will meet passengers in the designated Uber Zone for a seamless pickup.
Throughout Dodger Stadium, fans can see the numerous ways the franchise has honored its greatest players.
Two Dodger Hall of Famers have been immortalized by sculptor Branly Cadet with monumental bronze statues, located at the stadium entrance in Centerfield Plaza. Unveiled in 2017, Jackie Robinson is depicted stealing home during his rookie season. Sandy Koufax was unveiled in June 2022 and captures his famous leg kick as he winds up to deliver a pitch.
RING OF HONOR + RETIRED NUMBERS PLAZA
The Dodgers' retired numbers (Brooklyn and LA) are mounted on the Club Level facade near the left field foul pole. The inaugural Ring of Honor inductees were Roy Campanella, Sandy Koufax and Jackie Robinson on June 4, 1972.
Located at the Top of the Park, the Retired Numbers Plaza offers fans the chance to take selfies with five-foot player numbers, along with giant microphones dedicated to legendary sportscasters Vin Scully and Jaime Jarrín.
LEGENDS OF DODGER BASEBALL
Also located at Centerfield Plaza, the Legends of Dodger Baseball recognizes Dodger greats and their impact on the franchise, both on and off the field. Inductees receive a plaque that will be on permanent display at Dodger Stadium. Steve Garvey, Don Newcombe and Fernando Valenzuela were the inaugural class in 2019; Maury Wills and Kirk Gibson were inducted during the 2022 season. This year's inductees will be Manny Mota (April 29) and Orel Hershiser (July 29).
Top of the Park Store
True Blue Dodger fans can shop year-round for authentic on-field gear, extensive women's and kids' lines, one of the largest cap walls in the nation, and a variety of exclusive items available ONLY at Dodger Stadium. The Official Team Store is located at the Top of the Park (Top Deck) and is open daily from 10am-5pm and during all games.
Dodger Stadium Tours
Go behind the scenes of the landmark ballpark with a 90-minute Dodger Stadium Tour. The guided tours start every hour on the hour beginning at 10am, with the last tour starting at 1pm on game days and 3pm on non-game days.
- A trip down to the field
- A visit to the newly renovated Centerfield Plaza and Pavilions
- An exclusive look at the 2020 World Series trophy and a walk through the team’s Trophy Gallery
- A walk through the Vin Scully Press Box, where the story of Dodger baseball is covered from every angle
The exclusive Clubhouse Tour includes everything from the Dodger Stadium Tour PLUS:
- Visit to the Dodger Bullpen
- Look at the Dodger Weight Room and Batting Cage
- Peek inside the Dodger Clubhouse
- Stop in the Dodger Interview Room
Other options include the Tour & Photo Op, Pregame Tour, Jackie Robinson Tour and Garden Tours. For more info and to book your tour, visit the Dodger Stadium website.