One of LA's most popular holiday traditions is ice skating at the various outdoor rinks throughout the city. Take advantage of the beautiful Los Angeles winter weather and get a tan as you skate on a sunny afternoon. Or you can bundle up and enjoy the crisp night air while skating under the stars. Just remember the rules of the rink and enjoy the holidays.
Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square (Nov. 14, 2019 - Jan. 20, 2020)
Now in its 22nd year, the Bai Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square kicks off its 2019-20 season on November 14 and runs daily through Jan. 20, 2020. Framed by skyscrapers and adorned with festive holiday lights, LA's largest outdoor ice skating rink spans 7,200 square feet and welcomes more than 54,000 skaters and 450,000 spectators annually.
The annual Icebreaker Opening Celebration is taking place on Thursday, November 14 at 11am. This year’s opening event features a live performance of the Oscar®-winning hit “Let It Go” from the cast of the North American tour of Disney’s FROZEN the Broadway Musical, with an impressive skate performance choreographed to the song, special guests and more. After the “icebreaking” ceremony, where a large ice sculpture is shattered, the first skaters will be youth from south Los Angeles.
Every Tuesday throughout the season will be dedicated to FROZEN. On "Let It Go Tuesdays" ice rink lights will be predominantly blue and every third song played will be from the FROZEN Original Broadway Cast Recording during the 7pm, 8:30pm and 10pm (if applicable) sessions.
Special events this season include:
- DJ Spotlight - Every Thursday from 7pm to close beginning November 14 (except Thanksgiving). Take a spin on the ice while DJ Howly spins your favorite jams.
- Silent Skate Party - The popular Silent Skate Party is a silent disco on ice. Every skater will be provided with headphones, and they can choose from three different stations for skating. One night only: Thursday, December 19 during the 7pm and 8:30pm session.
- Pershing Square Winter Holiday Festival - Taking place 7-8:30pm on Saturday, December 7, the free festival includes photos with Santa, sledding on real snow, a gaming lounge, live performances, food trucks and more.
- Winter Concert Series - Come down and skate during these free outdoor music concerts in Pershing Square. Taking place from 8–9:30pm on December 4, 6, 11, 13, 18 and 20.
- Learn to Curl - Dating back to 16th-century Scotland, curling requires chess-like strategy and looks something like shuffleboard crossed with bowling – on ice. Learn to curl on fresh morning ice this winter. Tickets are $10 for each class, which will take place from 8:30-9:30am on the following Saturdays: November 16, December 14 and January 11.
General admission to the rink is $9; skate rental is $5; locker rental is $3; and skate helpers are $6. Special group rates are offered Monday through Thursday. Tickets can be purchased at the ice rink ticket window or in advance online at the Holiday Ice Rink website. Go Metro to the Pershing Square Station and receive a $1 skating session discount. For information, call (213) 624-4289.
LA Kings Holiday Ice (Nov. 15, 2019 - Jan. 12, 2020)
The Los Angeles Kings host their popular holiday outdoor attraction, LA Kings Holiday Ice at three locations. In addition to the flagship location at L.A. LIVE, Holiday Ice outdoor rinks are hosted at Westfield Topanga & The Village in Woodland Hills, and for the first time at Westfield Valencia Town Center. The Kings and AEG opened the first Holiday Ice Rink at L.A. LIVE in 2009, and it's since become an annual LA holiday tradition.
LA Kings Holiday Ice will take place at the following locations and dates:
- Westfield Valencia Town Center - 24201 West, Valencia Blvd, Valencia 91355 (Nov. 15, 2019 - Jan. 12, 2020)
- Westfield Topanga & The Village – 6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Woodland Hills 91367 (Nov. 21, 2019 - Jan. 12, 2020)
- L.A. LIVE - 800 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles 90015 (Nov. 30, 2019 - Jan. 12, 2020)
Each Location will host a Kick Off to the Holiday Season Opening Event, including appearances by LA Kings Ice Crew, Bailey, LA Kings Alumni, music, photo ops and more. Opening Events start at 5pm on the following dates:
- Holiday Ice Westfield Valencia - Friday, November 15 (Bob Miller autographs 6:30-7:30pm)
- Holiday Ice Westfield Topanga - Friday, November 22 (Nick Nickson autographs)
- Holiday Ice L.A. LIVE - Saturday, November 30
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the LA Kings Holiday Ice website or call 1-888-KINGS-LA.
Westfield Century City & Santa Anita
WESTFIELD CENTURY CITY (Nov. 29, 2019 - Jan. 5, 2020)
Westfield Century City is hosting its first-ever Holiday Skating Rink from November 29 to January 5. The elevated 600-foot synthetic skate loop is located on Level 2 overlooking the festive holiday market in the Atrium. Skate along to holiday music, enjoy skate-up sip and sweet vendors, festive photo moments, surprise snow falls, and more in this one-of-a-kind winter wonderland experience.
General Admission is $18 per person Monday – Friday, and $20 on Saturday and Sunday. Ticket includes skate rental, one-hour skating session, and shoes/small personal item storage. Check-in will take place at the Skate Chalet on Level 2 near Adidas. Guests must arrive with their full party, check in 15 minutes prior to their reservation time, and present proof of purchase at arrival. Walk-in/day-of ticket purchases will be available for sessions that are not sold out. For more info and to purchase tickets, visit the Westfield Century City website.
WESTFIELD SANTA ANITA (Dec. 6-22, 2019)
Westfield Santa Anita is hosting a synthetic ice rink from December 6-22. Hours are noon to 9pm Friday-Sunday, and 2pm-7pm Monday-Thursday.
The complimentary ice skating is part of Winter Nights, which transforms Westfield Santa Anita into a winter wonderland with arts & crafts, music, complimentary hot cocoa, exclusive retail offers, and snow!
Ice at Santa Monica (Through Jan. 20, 2020)
Every holiday season, Downtown Santa Monica transforms the corner of 5th Street and Arizona Avenue into Ice at Santa Monica. The 8,000 square-foot ice skating rink brings a winter wonderland to the beachside community and has become a beloved annual tradition. Admission is $15 for all-day skating and includes skate rental. The Randy Gardner School of Skating provides ice skating lessons with experienced professionals for participants of all skill levels.
Priced at $350, an event cabana rental gives you exclusive use of one 20'x20' cabana for two hours. Cabanas can comfortably accommodate up to 25 people and are equipped with three tables, tablecloths, and 16 chairs. Food and beverage options are available through Ice at Santa Monica's concession partner, The Gallery.
For more information, contact Ice at Santa Monica via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.260.1199.
Queen Mary Christmas (Nov. 29, 2019 - Jan. 1, 2020)
The Queen Mary invites one and all to embrace the holiday spirit at Queen Mary Christmas, taking place on select dates from Nov. 29, 2019 to Jan. 1, 2020. Start your adventure at the outdoor North Pole Village with ice skating at the True North Ice Rink circling a 26-foot Christmas tree, then jump aboard the QM Express Train or the Grand Carousel for more festive fun. Enjoy a sweet treat or libation as you watch live entertainment on the outdoor stage before climbing aboard the Queen Mary to stroll through the tree-lined decks and take in the dazzling decor.
The festivities continue aboard the ship, where you’ll find Mrs. Claus reading stories to little ones and Jolly Ol’ Saint Nick himself hosting meet-and-greets in his Captain’s Quarters. A special 4D version of The Polar Express movie will be screening, complete with hot cocoa smells and snow flurries for a magical movie experience. Tickets are now on sale at the Queen Mary Christmas website.
The Rink - Downtown Burbank (2019-20 TBA)
Downtown Burbank’s most festive holiday tradition will return for outdoor ice skating, fundraising events, and special performances at The Rink in Downtown Burbank. Located next to Burbank City Hall at the corner of Third Street and Orange Grove Avenue in Downtown Burbank, The Rink is just steps away from more than 400 shops and restaurants and the Burbank Town Center.