On Sunday, Sept. 30 the LA Phil kicks off its centennial season with Celebrate LA!, a FREE celebration with hundreds of musicians, artists, dancers, family activities and more.
Produced in partnership with CicLAvia and Community Arts Resources (CARS), Celebrate LA! will be an epic, history-making festival that showcases L.A.’s creative spirit. The eight-mile street party will feature 1,800 musicians, artists, and dancers coming together to perform at the festival’s six hubs and along the route itself.
The evening culminates with a free concert at the Hollywood Bowl, where Gustavo Dudamel will lead the Los Angeles Philharmonic and welcome very special guests – including Katy Perry, Herbie Hancock, Kali Uchis, Youth Orchestra Los Angeles (YOLA), and more to the Bowl stage.
Open Streets Festival
Starting at 9am on Sept. 30, you’ll be free to walk, run, skate, scoot, bike, and wander through the car-free streets, where six hubs will host performance stages, art installations, food trucks, screen printing, family-friendly activities, and more. Think of it as an eight-mile free space saved just for you!
- Grand Ave Hub (Grand Ave between 1st and 3rd Streets) - 111 S. Grand Ave, Los Angeles 90012
- MacArthur Park Hub (Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles; Park View between Wilshire and 6th, inside the park) - 2401 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles 90057
- Koreatown Hub (Wilshire between Western and Serrano) - 3731 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles 90010
- Melrose Hub (Melrose at Windsor) - 5555 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles 90038
- Hollywood Hub (Vine between Hollywood and Yucca) - 1750 Vine St, Los Angeles 90028
LA Phil 100 at the Bowl
The party doesn’t end when the street festival closes. A massive free concert featuring Gustavo Dudamel, the Los Angeles Philharmonic, and very special guests – including Katy Perry, Herbie Hancock, Kali Uchis, Youth Orchestra Los Angeles (YOLA), and more – will take over the Hollywood Bowl starting at 7pm. This ticketed event is separate from the LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia festivities. Register now for a chance to attend this once in a lifetime concert!