For the first time since 1988, the Los Angeles Dodgers are back in the World Series! The Boys in Blue are facing off against the Houston Astros.
For baseball fans traveling to Los Angeles to catch a game and to celebrate in the City of Angels, below is a useful guide on how to do it right – where to stay, what to do, where to eat, and tips on how to maximize their time in L.A.
Dodger Stadium has a wide range of dining options, from the classic Dodger Dog to Base Bowls and elotes. Ryan Evans, the Executive Chef for Levy Restaurants at Dodger Stadium, tweeted a few World Series specials, including the amazing Blue Heaven Doughnut Sundae, as well as a lobster roll and al pastor fries served in a helmet.
Restaurants across L.A. are featuring World Series specials:
Baldoria (Little Tokyo) The hip and communal restaurant in Little Tokyo will be serving “Dodgers Blue Cheese smashed fingerling potatoes” for fans to nosh on during the games. Baldoria will also offer $1 shots of whiskey for every home run and an extended happy hour all night long on game nights only. If the Dodgers win the World Series, Baldoria will offer a free glass of champagne to anyone who is at the bar.
Belcampo (DTLA, W. 3rd St) - To celebrate the Dodgers making it to the World Series, Belcampo will be running a $5 Chili Dog special throughout the series, available exclusively at their Downtown L.A. and West 3rd Street locations.
Tsubaki (Echo Park) - A classic izakaya, Tsubaki is offering a World Series Bento Box for $20 (add $6 to include valet) during the game. Pre-order for delivery and pickup should be made on the Caviar app. For pickup orders, diners can email: [email protected] or call 213.900.4900. Orders must be placed by 2pm on game day.
- World Series Bento Box: kara-age (Japanese fried chicken, honey vinegar, yuzu pickled daikon), goma-ae (Chinese long beans with sesame dressing, crispy shallots), Japanese potato salad satsuma-imo gohan (sweet potato rice), oshinko (assorted pickles)
- World Series Japanese Dodger Dog: offered exclusively for Caviar app all night on game days. Priced at $15, this is a house-made chicken sausage with black truffles, yuzu thousand island slaw, shishito relish, buttermilk onion rings.
Dog Haus (various locations) - The gourmet hot dog, burger and sausage concept is offering its Happy Hour deals from game start to finish at the Alhambra Biergarten, North Hollywood, Old Pasadena Biergarten, USC locations. Happy hour includes:
- $2 off draft beer and wine
- $3 PBR 16oz cans
- $2 off single Mix Well Drinks
- $1.25 sliders tots & fries
Ocean Prime (Beverly Hills) - The "Black Peppered Bacon and Dodger Bleu Cheese Burger” is available for $15 in the lounge and bar area through the duration of the World Series from 4pm - close.
Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken - Just in time for Game 1 on Oct. 24, Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken in Downtown L.A. has announced brand new L.A. Baseball Minis to support the Dodgers! Pick up a box of a dozen mini Dodger-themed doughnuts for $20—ideal for gifts, viewing parties and offices to show your L.A. pride. Your box includes 4 minis with "LA "logo, 4 minis with blue & white sprinkles, and 4 mini “baseball” doughnuts with red stitching. Available online and in-store.
Big Bar (Los Feliz) - One of L.A.'s best craft cocktail bars, Big Bar at Alcove Cafe is featuring The Kershaw Cup throughout the World Series: made with coconut washed Grey Goose Vodka, Bols Blue Curacao, lime, pineapple and turbinado, garnished with "Go Blue!"
Brack Shop Tavern (Downtown L.A.) - Brack Shop Tavern is a one-stop shop for classic cocktails, craft beers and great food in Downtown L.A. For Dodger fans, they are offering a free appetizer for each table when guests come in wearing their Dodger gear on game day.
Far Bar (Little Tokyo): Mike Gin and Don Tahara revived Little Tokyo’s historic Chop Suey building as Far Bar in 2005. The space now houses a unique patio that’s sandwiched between high brick walls and features strings of paper lanterns and light bulbs. Far Bar also features 12 different TV screens - most 60 inches or more - including two projectors that run at night in the lounge and on the patio. For playoff games, they’ll crank up the sound.
Prank Bar (Downtown L.A.) - Baseball fans who come to Prank Bar can enjoy the open-air bar near STAPLES Center with burgers, tacos, inventive cocktails and kombucha on tap. For the World Series, Prank Bar is offering two specials:
- Turner-Taylor Triple Header - Prank’s Dodger Danish Dogs, a classic with a thin layer of house ketchup, mustard and remoulade topped with pickling; served with beer and a shot
- My Blue Heaven - Blanco Tequila, butterfly pea flowers, agave, fresh lime, and a touch of Himalayan sea salt - available on World Series game days only
Sixth St. Tavern - Downtown L.A.’s modern American craft beer restaurant and bar offers an expansive draft beer list, bar bites and six big screen TVs to watch the World Series. Additionally, they will be serving a V/NV "Gameday Dog" served on a vegan hot dog bun with ketchup, mustard, and relish + a pint of Bagby Sweet Ride Pilsner for $12 during the games.
Beelmans Pub (DTLA) - The $12 special features the V/NV "Gameday Dog," served on a vegan pretzel bun with ketchup, mustard, and relish + a Pint of Trumer Pilsner.
Spring St Bar (DTLA) Specials include $5 Frito Pies (not vegan) and $5 pints of Five O'Clock Somewhere Pilsner from Concrete Jungle Brewery.
Mikkeller DTLA will be showing the World Series on their 160” screen in the main room (normally hidden away in the ceiling!) with the sound on. They're offering their Burger and a Beer deal throughout the entirety of the World Series (normally Monday thru Wednesday from 5-7pm). This deal features the Mikkeller Burger with a Mikkeller San Diego beer for $15.
The Greyhound (Highland Park): For those who can’t get their Blue on at the stadium, hop on the Metro Gold Line from Union Station to Highland Park for The Greyhound’s Blue Hour, which lasts from the first pitch to the last out of every game. Dodger deals include the" $7 inning stretch" shot & beer, “The Kershaw” for $22 with 1lbs. of wings & bucket of beer, “The Mannywood” for $99 with 2lbs. of wings and a bottle of champagne (for that epic win), among other specials.
The Oinkster (Hollywood): A cartoon hamburger reclines in red sunglasses by the entrance to Andre Guerrero’s second comfort emporium, which Design, Bitches molded to include a sleek patio and dining room. The Oinkster Hollywood houses two 45-inch flat screen TVs. The menu is all about burgers, sandwiches and salads. Pastrami, rubbed with “secret spices” and cured for two weeks, is especially popular.
Citizen (Beverly Hills) - the World Series will be showing on the TV in the bar area and will be extending Happy Hour to last throughout all the games. Citizen chef Seth Greenburg is serving up bites that are perfect for baseball like Deviled Eggs with jalapeno bacon candy, House-Made Pretzels with Cheese Whiz, and PB&J (house-made peanut butter and jam on a griddled challah bun). There will also be fun specials like Cracker Jacks and a specialty “Dodger Blue” cocktail made with rum, Cointreau, citrus, petit cane syrup and blue majik ($10).
Lost at Sea (Old Town Pasadena) - Dodger fan / Chef Tim Carey will offer $2 beers on World Series game days to guests who post an Instagram photo wearing a Dodger hat.
OMNI HOTEL LOS ANGELES AT CALIFORNIA PLAZA (DOWNTOWN L.A.)
This four-diamond hotel is within walking distance to some of L.A.’s premier cultural institutions, such as the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), The Broad and Walt Disney Concert Hall. To celebrate the World Series, the property has created a “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” package, which includes:
- Luxurious accommodations
- Complimentary valet parking for one car per night
- Welcome gift, including Cracker Jacks, whole shell peanuts, a six pack of domestic beer and more
THE KIMPTON EVERLY HOLLYWOOD
For baseball fans who want non-stop action during the World Series pre-and post-game, the brand new Kimpton Everly Hotel is the perfect home base. The hotel offers relaxed communal spaces and an effortlessly-cool design. The hotel is steps away from the iconic intersection of Hollywood and Vine, and is a convenient five-minute walk to Metro’s Hollywood/Vine Station, where baseball fans can catch the Red Line to Union Station for the Dodger Stadium Express. For the World Series, the hotel’s Ever Bar is bringing in flat screen TVs with specialty themed cocktails.
INTERCONTINENTAL LOS ANGELES CENTURY CITY
Situated on the famed Avenue of the Stars, the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City is positioned in the heart of the city just minutes from Century City's entertainment studios and the sun-soaked beaches of the Pacific. To celebrate the Dodgers, the hotel has created a “Home Run” package, which includes:
- Discounted accommodations for up to two guests in a Studio Suite
- Baseball-themed welcome amenity (decorated cookies & Cracker Jacks)
- Round-trip transportation to Dodgers Stadium
- $25 Visa gift card to be used on Dodger dogs and beers at the game
- To celebrate a Dodgers win, guests can enjoy two complimentary Dodger-themed cocktails at Copper Lounge
FOUR POINTS LAX
Package: Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Ready for game day? Stay at the Four Points LAX and enjoy access to all of baseball’s post-season action. At the end of a great day, head back to the newly refreshed hotel to enjoy extras you'll only find at Four Points:
- $25 food and beverage credit per day of your stay to be used in our on-site restaurant, Brewster's
- Fast & free WiFi throughout the hotel
- Discounted self-parking ($20 per day)
- Free bottled water and coffee, in room
- This rate is available Oct. 19 – Nov. 1, 2017
The conveniently-located Hollywood Hotel invites fans to root for their home teams in style with an exclusive new World Series Package. Designed especially for fans with tickets to the World Series, the package will provide the VIP treatment for all games taking place at Dodger Stadium, including:
- Overnight accommodations at Hollywood Hotel (applicable for any room type and any stay length)
- Swag bag filled with exclusive 2017 World Series gear
- Uber credit that can be used for transportation to and from the stadium
To book the World Series package, call Hollywood Hotel’s reservations line at 323.315.1800 or book online by clicking ADD ITEM from the package menu during the room booking process. The Uber credit can be selected during booking completion.
THE LANGHAM HUNTINGTON PASADENA, LOS ANGELES
Package: For the Love of the Game
- Luxurious accommodations in any room type of your choice
- Daily continental breakfast (1 per person for up to 4 people) at The Terrace Restaurant
- Complimentary basic high speed internet access / Wi-Fi access
- Baseball Sugar Cookie Welcome Amenity
- In-room Dodger Dog late-night bites for you to enjoy after the game
Rates starting at $299. Available by phone only: 626-568-3900. Offer is valid for stays from Oct. 20 - Nov. 5, 2017. Offer is valid for bookings on or before Nov. 5, 2017.
- LAX FlyAway: With this shuttle bus service created by Los Angeles World Airports, travelers can easily catch a bus on the Lower/Arrivals level at LAX and head to one of five neighborhoods where routes are offered seven days a week. One-way fares range from $8.75 to $10. For more info, visit the FlyAway website.
- Dodger Stadium Express: The Dodger Stadium Express is free for all ticketholders. Fans can easily catch the bus from Union Station or the South Bay to the game and avoid the hassle of parking spots & fees. Free for all ticketholders - without a ticket, a one-way fare from Union Station is $1.75 and from the South Bay, the fee is $2.50. For more information, visit the Dodger Stadum Express page.
- Walk to Dodger Stadium from Chinatown: For those who take the Metro Gold Line to Chinatown, they can choose to depart and enjoy a scenic walk along Yale Avenue to the ballpark, which is a popular route for Dodger fans entering the stadium on foot. The walk is about 30-40 minutes, so plan ahead and enjoy the car-free, hassle-free and cost-free way of getting to the stadium.
- Metro Bike Share: There are dozens of Metro Bike Share stations throughout Downtown L.A., offering convenient car-free access to Union Station and the Dodger Stadium Express.