With LA's famously great weather, al fresco dining is practically a year-round option. And if there's a nice patio, chances are the restaurant is dog-friendly. Some restaurants even have dedicated menus for your pup. As always, call ahead to confirm whether your canine companion can join you.
Downtown LA / Metro
- Pine & Crane - Vivian Ku opened the sequel to her fast-casual Taiwanese restaurant in June 2022. The newer location is more spacious and best of all, serves breakfast with veg-friendly items like Daikon Rice Cakes and Thousand Layer Pancakes.
- Zinc Cafe & Market - Located in the Arts District, Zinc's flagship location serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with a dog-friendly patio shaded by a mature olive grove.
- HiPPO - Opened in July 2018, HiPPO is a collaboration between James Beard Award-winning Chef Matt Molina and Silverlake Wine partners, Joe Capella and Randy Clement. HiPPO ("Highland Park Post Office") features a bow truss ceiling, open kitchen, and a dog-friendly patio.
- HomeState - Breakfast Tacos and a dog-friendly patio FTW!
- Mohawk Bend - Beloved gastropub renowned for its 70+ taps of California craft beer, signature Buffalo Cauliflower and Angry Vegan pizza, and dog-friendly patio.
- Alcove Cafe - The huge patio is busy day and night, but well worth the wait for brunch with friends and furry family.
- Home Restaurant – Aram and Rose Serobian have been inviting friends, neighbors and their fur babies into their Craftsman-style restaurant for more than 20 years.
- Messhall Kitchen – A popular post-hike destination, the lively patio has doggie water bowls for hot summer days and fire pits for cooler nights.
- Salazar - Inspired by the Sonoran desert, the pet-friendly backyard setting beckons diners from near and far to enjoy killer Mexican BBQ and top notch Margaritas and Micheladas.
- Spoke Bicycle Cafe - Located along the L.A. River Bike Path, this bike shop/cafe hybrid serves breakfast all day with lots of spaces for groups, kids and dogs.
Hollywood / East Hollywood
- Tail o' the Pup - Doggy Dog (skinless pup), Doggy Beer (no ABV beer for dogs) and free water for your pup at the Pup!
- The Eveleigh - Located on the famed Sunset Strip, The Eveleigh has an AstroTurf front patio that's ideal for brunch with your pooch.
- Gracias Madre - The plant-based Mexican cuisine and expansive patio with a comforting fireplace are a "natural" fit for vegans and their pups.
- The Henry - Located at Robertson Plaza, The Henry features an elegant indoor/outdoor bar and dog-friendly patio that's perfect for alfresco dining with your bestie.
- Gjelina - Dogs love the sun-splashed patio at this celeb favorite in Venice.
- The Rose – Beloved by Venice locals, the sprawling space features indoor and outdoor dining with a pet-friendly beer garden.
- Simonette - Tucked inside the Palihotel Culver City, Simonette is an all-day café, bar and bistro inspired by classic French neighborhood cafés.
- Sweetgreen – Located at the pet-friendly Platform in Culver City, Sweetgreen: The Lab features healthy seasonal salads and a shaded patio for your pooch.
- Broad Street Oyster Co - Go for a hike with your fur baby at Solstice Canyon, then treat yourself to a cold beer, lobster roll and Santa Barbara uni.
- Lazy Dog - Located at the Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance, this dog-themed eatery offers a special dog menu on the patio with a free water bowl and choice of grilled hamburger patty or chicken breast, brown rice, peas and carrots for $4.95. Other locations in Downey, Santa Clarita and West Covina.