With LA's famously great weather, al fresco dining is practically a year-round option. And if there's a nice patio, chances are the restaurant is dog-friendly. Some restaurants even have dedicated menus for your pup. As always, call ahead to confirm whether your canine companion can join you.
Downtown LA / Metro
HiPPO - Opened in July 2018, HiPPO is a collaboration between James Beard Award-winning Chef Matt Molina and Silverlake Wine partners, Joe Capella and Randy Clement. HiPPO (as in "Highland Park Post Office") features a bow truss ceiling, open kitchen, and a dog-friendly patio.
- The Dog Cafe - For $15, guests get one hour of fun with dogs rescued from L.A. shelters. The first of its kind in America, The Dog Cafe isn't a restaurant per se, but does serve coffee, tea and lemonade (sold separately). Pups are free to roam the play area and live on site for as long as it takes to find them forever homes.
- Muddy Paw Coffee – With the motto "Have a Cup, Save a Pup!" this pet-friendly coffee roasting company raises money for local animal rescues and hosts adoption events.
- Wood - Enjoy handmade, wood fired Neapolitan pizzas at the pet-friendly, shaded and secluded patio.
- Alcove Cafe - The huge patio is busy day and night, but well worth the wait for brunch with friends and furry family.
- Home Restaurant – Both locations in Los Feliz and Silver Lake live up to the "There's No Place Like Home" motto, offering free treats and water for your dog.
- Messhall Kitchen – A popular post-hike destination, the lively patio has doggie water bowls for hot summer days and fire pits for cooler nights.
- Salazar - Inspired by the Sonoran desert, the pet-friendly backyard setting beckons diners from near and far to enjoy killer Mexican BBQ and top notch Margaritas and Micheladas.
- Spoke Bicycle Cafe - Located along the L.A. River Bike Path, this bike shop/cafe hybrid serves breakfast all day with lots of spaces for groups, kids and dogs.
Hollywood / East Hollywood
- Ray's and Stark Bar - The sleek restaurant and lounge at LACMA features a weekend Barky Brunch on the dog-friendly patio. The special menu includes a chicken & broccoli bowl, chicken liver cookies, and pizza crust dog bones.
- The Sycamore Kitchen – Boasting a huge, dog-friendly patio, this La Brea brunch-lunch spot is also a great place to fuel up with coffee and pastries to go.
- Black Dog Coffee – This Miracle Mile favorite is dog-friendly and donates part of Friday profits to Best Friends Animal Society.
- The Eveleigh - Located on the famed Sunset Strip, The Eveleigh has an AstroTurf front patio that's ideal for brunch with your pooch.
- Gracias Madre - The plant-based Mexican cuisine and expansive patio with a comforting fireplace are a "natural" fit for vegans and their pups.
- The Henry - Located at Robertson Plaza, The Henry features an elegant indoor/outdoor bar and dog-friendly patio that's perfect for alfresco dining with your bestie.
- Gjelina - Dogs love the sun-splashed patio at this celeb favorite in Venice.
- Rose Café – Beloved by Venice locals, the sprawling space features indoor and outdoor dining with a pet-friendly beer garden.
- Simonette - Tucked inside the Palihotel Culver City, Simonette is an all-day café, bar and bistro inspired by classic French neighborhood cafés.
- Sweetgreen – Located at the pet-friendly Platform in Culver City, Sweetgreen: The Lab features healthy seasonal salads and a shaded patio for your pooch.
- Lazy Dog - Located at the Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance, this dog-themed eatery offers a special dog menu on the patio with a free water bowl and choice of grilled hamburger patty or chicken breast, brown rice, peas and carrots for $4.95. Other locations in Downey, Santa Clarita and West Covina.