It's a Dog Day Morning, Afternoon & Night in LA: Restaurants
Discover pet-friendly patios and special menus for your pup
With LA's famously great weather, al fresco dining is practically a year-round option. And if there's a nice patio, chances are the restaurant is dog-friendly. Some restaurants even have dedicated menus for your pup. As always, call ahead to confirm whether your canine companion can join you.
For more dog-friendly places in Los Angeles, check out our Ultimate Guide.
Downtown LA / Metro
- Zinc Cafe & Market - Located in the Arts District, Zinc's flagship location serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with a dog-friendly patio shaded by a mature olive grove.
- HiPPO - Opened in July 2018, HiPPO is a collaboration between James Beard Award-winning Chef Matt Molina and Silverlake Wine partners, Joe Capella and Randy Clement. HiPPO ("Highland Park Post Office") features a bow truss ceiling, open kitchen, and a dog-friendly patio.
- HomeState - Breakfast Tacos and a dog-friendly patio FTW!
- Mohawk Bend - Beloved gastropub renowned for its 70+ taps of California craft beer, signature Buffalo Cauliflower and Angry Vegan pizza, and dog-friendly patio.
- Muddy Paw Coffee – With the motto "Have a Cup, Save a Pup!" this pet-friendly coffee roasting company raises money for local animal rescues and hosts adoption events.
- Wood - Enjoy handmade, wood fired Neapolitan pizzas at the pet-friendly, shaded and secluded patio.
- Alcove Cafe - The huge patio is busy day and night, but well worth the wait for brunch with friends and furry family.
- Home Restaurant – Both locations in Los Feliz and Silver Lake live up to the "There's No Place Like Home" motto, offering free treats and water for your dog.
- Messhall Kitchen – A popular post-hike destination, the lively patio has doggie water bowls for hot summer days and fire pits for cooler nights.
- Salazar - Inspired by the Sonoran desert, the pet-friendly backyard setting beckons diners from near and far to enjoy killer Mexican BBQ and top notch Margaritas and Micheladas.
- Spoke Bicycle Cafe - Located along the L.A. River Bike Path, this bike shop/cafe hybrid serves breakfast all day with lots of spaces for groups, kids and dogs.
Hollywood / East Hollywood
- HomeState - While owners queue up and devour Texas-style breakfast tacos and Frito pie, their canine companions can appreciate the eye bolts for leashes, water bowls and doggie treats.
- Running Goose - Enjoy Central American inspired cuisine with your furry bestie on the spacious covered deck.
- Ray's and Stark Bar - The sleek restaurant and lounge at LACMA features a weekend Barky Brunch on the dog-friendly patio. The special menu includes a chicken & broccoli bowl, chicken liver cookies, and pizza crust dog bones.
- The Sycamore Kitchen – Boasting a huge, dog-friendly patio, this La Brea brunch-lunch spot is also a great place to fuel up with coffee and pastries to go.
- Black Dog Coffee – This Miracle Mile favorite is dog-friendly and donates part of Friday profits to Best Friends Animal Society.
- Tail o' the Pup - Doggy Dog (skinless pup), Doggy Beer (no ABV beer for dogs) and free water for your pup at the Pup!
- The Eveleigh - Located on the famed Sunset Strip, The Eveleigh has an AstroTurf front patio that's ideal for brunch with your pooch.
- Gracias Madre - The plant-based Mexican cuisine and expansive patio with a comforting fireplace are a "natural" fit for vegans and their pups.
- The Henry - Located at Robertson Plaza, The Henry features an elegant indoor/outdoor bar and dog-friendly patio that's perfect for alfresco dining with your bestie.
- Gjelina - Dogs love the sun-splashed patio at this celeb favorite in Venice.
- The Rose – Beloved by Venice locals, the sprawling space features indoor and outdoor dining with a pet-friendly beer garden.
- Simonette - Tucked inside the Palihotel Culver City, Simonette is an all-day café, bar and bistro inspired by classic French neighborhood cafés.
- Sweetgreen – Located at the pet-friendly Platform in Culver City, Sweetgreen: The Lab features healthy seasonal salads and a shaded patio for your pooch.
- Broad Street Oyster Co - Go for a hike with your fur baby at Solstice Canyon, then treat yourself to a cold beer, lobster roll and Santa Barbara uni.
- Lazy Dog - Located at the Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance, this dog-themed eatery offers a special dog menu on the patio with a free water bowl and choice of grilled hamburger patty or chicken breast, brown rice, peas and carrots for $4.95. Other locations in Downey, Santa Clarita and West Covina.