Befitting L.A.'s status as one of the nation’s top restaurant cities, and as part of the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) multi-year multi-billion dollar modernization project, travelers now have the opportunity to savor a culinary journey via the airport's nine terminals, showcasing local iconic eateries, award-winning restaurateurs, and “Top Chefs.”
Whether departure time allows for grab-and-go or a sit-down dining experience, there is a world of food from which to choose. From farm-to-table, burgers and beers, pizza and wine, caviar and champagne, artisan coffee and desserts, or global tastes, there’s a fit for every wallet and palate.
Passengers with a valid boarding pass for same-day departure can visit any terminal inside the airport. Terminals 4 through 8 are connected via tunnels and walkways, while the T-4 connector (a multi-use, multi-level facility) provides a secure connection between TBIT and Terminal 4, therefore saving a trip through another TSA checkpoint.
Scheduled for completion in the fall of 2023, the final phase of the $2.3 billion Delta Sky Way project will add a post-security screening connector bridge from Terminal 3 to TBIT.
Read on for highlights of the new and gourmet post-security dining options at LAX. For a comprehensive directory of restaurants, food and beverage locations, visit https://flylax.com/en/lax-dining-and-shopping.
TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL (TBIT)
- 800 Degrees: Create your own Neapolitan-style pizza at this L.A.-born brand, or order a specialty pie that's quickly baked in a wood-burning oven.
- Border Grill: Recognized by USA Today “10Best Readers Choice” in the ‘best regional dining airport’ category, this outpost with vibrant modern Mexican flavors is headed by “Top Chef Masters” Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken, aka the "Two Hot Tamales.”
- Chaya Sushi: Enjoy creative sashimi and sushi rolls as well as a signature cocktail or a glass of sake from this Los Angeles stalwart brand.
- Hokkaido Ramen Santouka: Known around the world for its Shio Ramen, the internationally acclaimed Japanese noodle restaurant has landed at the West Gates!
- ink.sack: L.A. based “Top Chef” winner Michael Voltaggio offers creative sandwiches, along with house made snacks, such as Maryland crab chips, at this eatery included by GQ as one of “The Ten Best Restaurant Airports.”
- LA MILL Coffee: Grab a pastry along with an espresso drink at this prestigious, third-wave L.A. coffee leader.
- Playa Café: Perfect pit stop before your next adventure. A grab-n-go type concept where the menu is full of fresh and local market ingredients, local wines, craft beer, and a full bar with local and signature cocktails.
- Santa Monica Brew Works: Head to the North Concourse for beers inspired by those who live the SoCal “beach brewed” lifestyle.
- Umami Burger: Founded in Los Angeles, Umami Burger specializes in classic American burgers made with unique, secret ingredients that give them their signature flavor. The Great Hall location of Umami features burgers that are exclusive to LAX, including the LAX Burger, the LAX Veggie Burger, and three breakfast burgers.
- Vanilla Bakeshop: This whimsical, made-from-scratch bakeshop with headquarters in Santa Monica, offers a full coffee bar, as well as artisan cupcakes with packaging that’s perfect for gift-giving.
- Vino Volo: Meaning “wine flight” in Italian, Vino Volo has a knowledgeable staff that can help travelers navigate the eclectic wine list, as well as offer suggestions on charcuterie and cheese pairings.
- Ace Cerveceria & Tacos: Fresh-made offerings include tacos, nachos, carne asada fries, chips & guacamole, and much more.
- Betcha Burger: Inspired by California’s classic roadside burger stands that once dotted the SoCal landscape. Enjoy burgers, pastrami sandwiches, and other roadside classics.
- California Pizza Kitchen ASAP: This gourmet pizza restaurant with Beverly Hills origins is famous for innovative toppings, and offers a full menu with drinks.
- Chick- fil- A: Legendary chicken chain for those who know.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels: Stop by for consistently perfect bagels, specialty sandwiches, gourmet salads and handcrafted drinks.
- Reilly's: The Irish pub from Sunset Boulevard serves up corned beef sliders, nachos, and beer flights.
- Rock & Brews: One of two LAX locations (the first is in Terminal 5), Rock & Brews serves American comfort food with a full bar and a rock 'n' roll vibe. Rock & Brews also offers “Grab and Go” service for hot and cold food items, as well as coffee service.
- Urth Caffé: a local healthy food and coffeehouse favorite.
- Barney’s Beanery: The original location of this 90+ year-old fixture on Route 66 through West Hollywood is now a sports bar chain serving gastropub fare.
- BUILT Custom Burgers: The fast casual version of The Counter serves the popular “Build Your Own” burgers, fries, shakes, and more in a laid back space.
- Fresh Brothers Pizza & Sandwiches: The first location of this chain opened just minutes from LAX in Manhattan Beach, giving pizza a California twist using all natural, non-GMO ingredients.
- SeaLegs Wine Bar: From Huntington Beach, serving small bites and wine.
- Slapfish Modern Seafood Shack: Also from HB, serving sandwiches, tacos, and seafood.
- Ashland Hill (and Bar): Discover your inner foodie at this classic LA-based restaurant with menus that draw from its California roots.
- Earthbar: One of L.A.’s first health food stores with made-to-order smoothies, acai bowls, and a grab-and-go section with salads, juices, vitamins, healthy snacks, and vitamins.
- Homeboy Cafe: Located post-security near Gate 33, Homeboy Cafe serves a wide assortment of sandwich and bakery items.
- Native by Nyesha: Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Native by Nyesha offers a delicious chef-driven menu from acclaimed "Top Chef," Nyesha Arrington.
- Campanile: Sit-down service with a bar that’s a mini-version of the legendary former La Brea Avenue restaurant with a full gourmet menu that includes steak, seafood, and pasta.
- Dunkin': Open 4am to 1am, the popular chain offers breakfast, lunch and dinner options, as well as a grab-and-go section.
- Homeboy Café: Grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, and baked goods from the nonprofit outreach program run by Father Greg Boyle in Downtown LA.
- La Provence Patisserie and Cafe: A Beverly Hills import featuring French macarons, paninis, and its own version of the cronut called a crodo.
- Sammy's Woodfired Pizza: "Healthy Global Cuisine" featuring wood-fired pizzas and small plates and entrees.
- Donburi Bistro: Popular Japanese / Asian Fusion bistro with signature dishes and cocktails.
- Ford’s Filling Station: L.A.'s first gastropub is a micro-version of award-winning chef Ben Ford’s Downtown L.A. restaurant
- Lemonade: This popular bright and cheery cafeteria-style Los Angeles chain serves healthy sandwiches, salads, grains and fresh juices.
- The Original Farmers Market: The landmark marketplace at 3rd and Fairfax is miniaturized at LAX with a wide selection of snacks, wine, coffee, and sweets. Dining options include ¡Loteria! Grill with tacos and margaritas from award-winning chef Jimmy Shaw; and Monsieur Marcel Gourmet Market and Bistro, a French marketplace offering crepes, croque monsieur, baguette sandwiches, and salads.
- Rock & Brews: One of two LAX locations (the second is in Terminal 1), Rock & Brews serves American comfort food with a full bar and a rock 'n' roll vibe. Rock & Brews also offers “Grab and Go” service for hot and cold food items, as well as coffee service.
- Skewers by Morimoto: Skewers, as well as rice bowls, noodles, and breakfast items, fill the extensive menu from renowned Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto.
- BLU2o: Michelin-star chef David Myers’ sleek sit-down bar features gourmet small bites, flatbreads, cheese and charcuterie, wine, beer, cocktails, and a grab-and-go area.
- Caifornia Pizza Kitchen: Located post-security near Gate 65B, look for the surfboards and enjoy CPK's famous crispy flatbread pizzas, along with salads, sandwiches, decadent desserts and beverages.
- Earthbar: One of LA’s first health food stores with made-to-order smoothies, acai bowls, and a grab-and-go section with salads, juices, vitamins, healthy snacks, and vitamins.
- The Habit Burger Grill: The popular SoCal burger chain serves up delicious char-grilled favorites.
- Point the Way Cafe: Gastropub by Glendale-based Golden Road Brewery featuring craft beer, wine, cocktails, entrée plates, sandwiches, flatbreads, and breakfast all day.
- Wahoo's Fish Taco: Serving "Da Kine Grinds" since 1988, this SoCal fast casual chain is inspired by surf and skateboard culture, and food from Mexico, China, Brazil and all points in between.
- Wolfgang Puck: LA's world-famous celebrity chef offers three eateries—The Kitchen (made-to-order breakfast and lunch), The Wine Bar, and WPizza.
- Ashland Hill: Food has been called “nuanced and delicious” with menus that draw from its California roots. Discover your inner foodie at this classic LA-based restaurant.
- B Grill by BOA Steakhouse: A mini-version of the celebrity favorite LA steakhouse serving full breakfasts, gourmet burgers, entrees, and a large drinks list.
- bld: Neal Fraser's casual American eatery serves a menu of sandwiches, salads, and market-driven fare.
- The Counter Custom Built Burgers: Create your own burger or order off the menu at this franchise founded in Santa Monica that also offers breakfast, salads, sandwiches, and chili, as well as some grab-and-go choices.
- Dunkin: Sip into Dunkin’® and enjoy America’s favorite coffee and baked goods chain. Located pre-security.
- Klatch Coffee: One of the few airport coffee shops to serve up drip coffee one cup at a time.
- LA Life: Eat well and feel great with LA Life’s fresh, local snack options. Healthy has never tasted so good.
- ¡Loteria! Grill: LAX's second outpost of Chef Jimmy Shaw's pioneering Mexican restaurants.
- Rolling Stone Bar & Grill: The legendary music brand serves up pub grub and drinks at the Departure Level.
- Wolfgang Puck Express: Find grab-and-go as well as breakfast, made-to-order pizza, salads (including the famous Chinois chicken), sandwiches, and wraps.
- Engine Co. No. 28: This outpost of the landmark Downtown L.A. restaurant built in a former firehouse features a classic menu of burgers and entrees, plus breakfast and a full bar.
- Stella Bar: American comfort food with a Mexican touch and a great bar and lounge area to relax.
From travel info to transportation, dining, shopping, layover activities and future projects, read on for guides to LAX.