Job Title: Coordinator, Sales
Reports to Job Title: Manager, Sales Administration
Job Summary: The Coordinator, Sales will provide administrative support to Sales Directors to ensure department goals are met. The Coordinator will assist with managing schedules, making travel arrangements, coordinating customer meetings and site inspections, preparing expense reports, check requests, and purchase orders in addition to other administrative support duties. The ideal candidate will have previous administrative support experience, be highly detail-oriented and have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
1. Provides administrative support to the domestic and/or international National Sales Directors, Destination Sales Directors and Citywide Sales Directors, to include correspondence, reports and general office documents (e.g., expense reports, check requests, purchase orders, etc.). 40%
2. Handles travel planning, tradeshow and conference registrations and coordinates customer meetings and site inspections. Attends local site inspections on behalf of the Sales Directors, as needed. 20%
3. Arranges and maintains Director appointments, schedules and calendars, as needed. 10%
4. Handles and distributes mail, processes requests for publications, information, collateral and amenities. 15%
5. Manages requests and inquiries from hotel and member partners. 5%
6. Assumes responsibility for catering leads, including taking, researching and processing leads. 5%
7. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains familiarity with Los Angeles as a meetings destination.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of 1-3 years of related professional experience required. Prior experience in hospitality or a sales organization preferred, ideally in the travel and tourism industry. General knowledge of the function of a non-profit association preferred. Oral and written fluency in Mandarin preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Knowledge of Los Angeles area and attractions.
2. Self-motivated in coordinating tasks with excellent initiative and ability to work without constant supervision.
3. Must understand basic accounting.
4. Must represent L.A. Tourism in a professional manner as the tourism authority for the City of Los Angeles.
5. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
8. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
10. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
11. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.