Job Title: Production Artist
Reports to Job Title: Associate Creative Director (Art Director)
Job Summary: You are a master at the craft of print and digital production. You have an expert knowledge of printing and digital processes and preparing assets for final execution and delivery. You can read, interpret, and follow up on specs for all sorts of creative projects big and small, and are a team player when it comes to collaborating with art directors and vendors. You’re an expert user of Adobe Creative Suite. You’re a problem solver and an innovator with a keen attention to detail. Discover Los Angeles is looking for smart, collaborative creatives who are passionate about making inspiring, beautiful, award-winning work. Los Angeles, the creative capital of the world, is our brand — and we represent it to visitors around the globe. We’re building a new in-house creative agency and now is an exciting time to join us.
1. Manage multiple production projects at once, from start to finish. 30%
2. Layout, edit, and resize everything from multi-page collateral, posters, billboards, print ads, logos and icons, brand style guides, business cards, tradeshow booths, merchandise, websites, apps, social content, motion graphics, internal presentations, and more. Prep all deliverables to be press-ready and/or web-ready. 45%
3. Effectively communicate and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure integrity of visual design and brand guidelines and high level of polished print quality. 20%
4. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree required. 3+ years’ experience as Production Artist at design firm or agency setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Vast knowledge of print production processes from start to finish
2. Ability to multi-task, incorporate feedback, meet deadlines, and turn projects around quickly
3. Proven graphic design and typography skills across print and digital, (i.e. page compositions and grid structures), backed by a strong portfolio
4. Hands-on experience with typography, graphics, color, print production, digital design, image creation
5. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and other visual design tools
6. Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook PowerPoint)
8. Strong self-starter seeing projects from inception to completion
9. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
10. Ability to work in a changing environment
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.