New video series offers inside scoop on why top athletes live in and love Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES, December 13, 2016 – Today, Discover Los Angeles and Red Bull Media House unveiled a teaser for its series of five videos featuring Red Bull athletes exploring the intersection of their professional and personal lives in L.A. Featured talent includes gold medal-winning beach volleyball player Phil Dalhausser, BMX rider Coco Zurita, mountain biker Curtis Keene, Red Bull Signature Series host Sal Masekela and Australian television personality and water sport aficionado Caroline Pemberton, partnered with stand-up paddle champion Izzi Gomez.
“We pivoted our strategy last year to more directly focus on millennials and Gen X, and Red Bull is not only speaking to the same audience, but they have a unique capability to highlight the active lifestyle which is so synonymous with L.A.,” said Don Skeoch, chief marketing officer for Discover Los Angeles. “Visitors find a wealth of choice here, with year-round options ranging from biking in the Santa Monica mountains to stand-up paddling in the Pacific. Red Bull harnessed their athletes to bring these experiences to life.”
- December 14: Masekela skateboards around booming Downtown, where he pops into the Staples Center for a Clippers game and foodie paradise Grand Central Market for lunch
- December 15: Dalhausser and his wife, fellow beach volleyball player Jennifer Corral, show off both their volleyball skills and South Bay beach neighborhood
- December 16: Keene highlights some of his favorite trails in the Santa Monica mountains and talks about the diversity of the sweeping views
- December 19: Pemberton, a frequent visitor to L.A., explores Venice on paddle board with the help of SUP champion Izzi Gomez and cruises the town in a convertible
- December 20: Zurita takes to the streets of Hollywood and The Valley on his BMX bike as he talks about his love for L.A.
For more information, please visit discoverLosAngeles.com.
Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is a private, non-profit business association whose primary mission is to market and promote Los Angeles as the premier site for leisure travel, meetings and conventions as the City’s official tourism marketing organization.
One of the world’s most dynamic and diverse destinations, Los Angeles is comprised of more than 30 diverse neighborhoods and considered the cultural hub of the Pacific Rim. Home to near-perfect weather, 75 miles of jaw-dropping shoreline, more museums than any other U.S. city and an award-winning culinary scene, Los Angeles presents endless possibilities that keep its more than 45 million annual visitors entertained. For more information, visit the official visitor information website of Los Angeles at discoverLosAngeles.com, join the more than one million people who follow L.A. Tourism’s Facebook page at facebook.com/LosAngelesFan, or follow @discoverLA on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.