Job Title: National Director, Hotel Sales, Pacific Northwest
Department: Hotel Sales
Reports to Job Title: Vice President, Hotel Sales
Job Summary: The National Director, Hotel Sales, Pacific Northwest will be responsible for directing and managing all Self-contained group sales activities for the respective regions. The National Director will solicit new business through outside sales calls, site inspections and customer targeted events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Manage a pre-selected account and third-party portfolio consisting mostly of Self-contained Meetings accounts within their geographical region. These accounts will be assessed by applying predetermined selection criteria on an annual basis. Position will solicit these accounts consisting of personal outside sales calls, site inspections, customer targeted events/initiatives, telephone solicitation and written and oral communication and file maintenance. Territory currently consists of: WA, OR, ID MT, WY, UT, CO, and AK. 40%
2. Direct and manage all Self-contained group sales activities in their respective geographical office to achieve budgeted individual and team room night and revenue goals. 20%
3. Participate in weekly/monthly sales meetings, sales strategy meetings, annual sales meetings, training, 1 on 1 bi-weekly meetings, and other sales related meetings, as required. 10%
4. Attend trade shows, industry/customer events, sales missions, fam trips and meetings determined to impact direct sales to the Los Angeles member Lead Hotels. 10%
5. Maintain knowledge of market, competition and account prospects to be added to the account portfolio. 5%
6. Accountable for established goals which is determined/renewed on an annual basis. 5%
7. Work in conjunction with the various programs to create strategies to secure future business 5%
8. Performs other related duties as may be required or assigned. 5%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 5 years of related experience required.
Proactive selling experience within the Tourism, DMO and/or Hospitality disciplines is required. Previous multi-unit hotel sales preferred. Minimum of 5 years of industry related experience, of which 1-3 years can be directly related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
2. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
4. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
6. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
7. Ability to work in a changing environment.
8. Ability to establish and maintain a system for assuring high standards of productivity within the department.
9. Superior verbal & written communication skills; leadership skills; ability to receive and give instructions; ability to make presentations to company management and clients. Requires the the ability to interface with all levels of employees in all departments.
10. Ability to maintain an on-going list by priority of projects and tasks, to assume timely and effective solutions to unanticipated client focused issues.
11. Personal and professional initiative, enthusiasm, and dedication to excellence in wide ranging services to Los Angeles Tourism’s clients and their customers.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.