Job Title: Full-Stack Drupal Engineer
Department: Digital Marketing
Reports to Job Title: VP Digital Marketing
Job Summary: The Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is searching for a Full-Stack Drupal Engineer to develop and maintain Drupal 8 websites and applications. This position will be responsible for implementing and utilizing modern development workflows and will develop custom Drupal/PHP modules, components and themes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Develop and maintain Drupal 8 websites and/or applications 50%
2. Implement and utilize modern development workflows and operations (DevOps) with modern industry patterns as well as Drupal best practices and techniques 15%
3. Develop custom Drupal/PHP modules, components and themes 10%
4. Monitor and ensure product quality, maintainability, performance and scalability (including 3rd-party APIs & services) 10%
5. Provide support and interact with 3rd-party vendors and/or support teams 10%
6. Work with VP of Digital Marketing to define digital property standards and execution plans 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
7. Provide status updates to project manager on individual projects
8. Alert colleagues of changes and new technologies
9. Performs other related duties as required and assigned by management
10. Maintain existing lists of active digital services and vendors
11. Assist in creation of technical documentation and tickets (Jira)
12. Estimate and deliver on development tasks with high level of accuracy in an agile environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of 7-9 years related experience required. Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications. Experience designing and developing responsive design websites. Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc. Experience working with Github. Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers. Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages. Experience developing web solutions in Drupal 8 and PHP.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
2. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
4. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
6. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
7. Ability to work in a changing environment.
8. 7+ years of Drupal or Relevant Development Experience
9. Experience and hands-on ability developing web solutions in Drupal 8 implementations, including the use of Composer, and Task Runners (Gulp)
10. Proven success in architecting enterprise Drupal solutions
11. Ability to evaluate and select software/ modules for desired functionality based on release & maintenance status, community dedication & usage, security issues and availability of documentation. Integrate modules after regression testing for incompatibilities and dependencies on other modules already in use
12. Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules, Routes, and REST web services
13. Experience creating custom Drupal modules
15. Knowledge of template files and theme functions, and the Drupal theme layer
16. Install new and maintain existing Drupal websites and web applications
17. Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing)
18. Experience with DevOps/WebOps and owning the technology ecosystem including but not limited to: API/service integrations, debugging, patching, testing, deploying, and leveraging modern CI/CD (CircleCI) tools
19. Experience using professional development software or services such as Git, CLI/Terminal, New Relic, Xdebug (Debugger & Profiler), and Load Testing
20. Pantheon hosting experience is a plus
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.