UPDATED: November 19, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
Our thoughts are with the heroic first responders and firefighters; our neighbors in the City of Malibu and Ventura County; and, the Los Angeles County residents who have been impacted by wildfires.
As the official destination marketing organization for Los Angeles, visitor safety is our utmost priority. We work closely with local, state, and federal officials as well as with our partners to ensure that we collectively deliver on this objective.
At this time, there is no structural or logistical impact to the City of Los Angeles that would affect visitors, and smoke impacts are limited.
We encourage visitors with plans involving Malibu hotels or attractions to reach out directly to those entities or visit their respective social pages for the most current and accurate information. While the Getty Villa is not threatened by the fire, the Villa will be closed to the public until further notice and at least through Thanksgiving Day to assist in the emergency response efforts.
For up-to-date information on Malibu, please visit http://www.malibucity.org/Woolsey
The Emergency Management Department has five divisions comprised of administrative staff and specialists that work with City departments, municipalities and an array of community-based organizations to ensure that the City and its residents have the resources and information they need to prepare, respond and recover from emergencies, disasters and significant events.
Call 9-1-1 when there is a life-threatening emergency that requires the immediate response of emergency services such as police, fire or paramedic.
- Non-emergency Police: 877-275-5273
- TTY Service: 213-847-0652
- Park-related emergencies: 323-913-7390
- Water Service: 800-342-5397
- Power Service: 800-342-5397
- Gas Service: 800-427-2200
- Traffic Signals: 818-374-4823
- Road closures (Cal Trans): 800-427-7623
- Street Lights: 800-996-2489
- American Red Cross public information: 213-739-5200
- Animal Services: 888-452-7381
- Building Inspection: 888-524-2845
- Storm damage/mud slide reports: 888-524-2845
- Refuse collection: 800-773-2489
- Sewer/storm drain problems: 800-773-2489
- Trees down/debris removal & related problems: 800-996-2489