Now in its second year, L.A. Fleet Week® is a celebration of U.S. armed forces at the nation’s #1 port, the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. The four-day festival will host active military ships along the L.A. Waterfront and feature public ship tours, military exhibits, aerial demos, live music and entertainment, food and fireworks, educational programs, and more.
L.A. Fleet Week is taking place at various locations along the L.A. Waterfront, including the Los Angeles Cruise Terminal, Battleship IOWA, and Downtown Harbor. Hosted by the Port of Los Angeles, event partners include the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marines, U.S. Coast Guard, Bob Hope USO, and Battleship IOWA.
Fleet Week is an annual patriotic tradition where active military ships recently deployed in overseas operations dock in a major U.S. city for one week. Popular Fleet Week destinations include San Diego, San Francisco and New York.
L.A. Fleet Week features a full schedule of events with something for everyone. Public tour days are taking place Friday, Sept. 1 through Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 4. Each day of Fleet Week, you can enjoy:
- Free U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, and Royal Canadian Navy ship tours. Reserve your tour online (highly recommended) or come day-of. Reservations are first-come, first served (see below)
- Great photo opportunities
- Aircraft flyovers throughout the weekend
- Special dockside tours for elderly, disabled, and special needs guests
- STEM Expo with hands-on exhibits and activities
- Military and civilian first-response vehicles and equipment
- U.S. Bank Veterans Village with services and resources for active and retired military
- Discounted tours of Battleship IOWA and S.S. Lane Victory (free admission to active military)
- Great local dining + popular food trucks and beverages
- Live entertainment, including music and comedy
- Free parking shuttle and Downtown Red Car Trolley service
- Shopping, dining, and fun along the L.A. Waterfront
For a complete Fleet Week schedule, download the PDF at this link.
New for 2017: Download the L.A. Fleet Week app! Search "LA Fleet Week" in the app store.
During L.A. Fleet Week, the public will have the chance to tour an active U.S. Navy or Coast Guard ship and meet our nation’s sailors. There are three ways to make reservations to tour one of the visiting ships:
- Subscribe to the LA Fleet Week email list.
- Reserve online at Eventbrite.*
- Wait in line at the event - tours are every 30 minutes, but lines will be long.
*All reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Ships are selected at random, so you won’t be able to choose to tour a specific ship. NOTE: Online reservations are sold out as of Aug. 31.
With so much to see and do in San Pedro and the L.A. Waterfront, why not extend your visit beyond L.A. Fleet Week? Hotel options in the San Pedro area include: