Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Operations & Member Programs
Reports to Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide executive administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer and Manager, Business Operations. The Administrative Assistant will assume day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities such as performing complex calendar management, preparing/coding invoices, making travel arrangements, handling meeting logistics, and assisting with various project management duties. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Provide professional, executive administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Manager – Business Operations (MBO). Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including, but not limited to:
(a) Complex calendar management and scheduling for COO, including ensuring adherence to meeting start and end times to maintain efficiency
(b) Professionally fielding COO’s external phone calls and responding to third-party inquiries as directed by COO or MBO
(c) Accurately preparing/coding invoices, Purchase Orders and monthly American Express Departmental Card submissions on a timely basis, and requesting assistance from Accounting team as necessary
(d) Making travel arrangements for COO, including compiling detailed trip itineraries and securing necessary travel documentation (e.g. – visas)
(e) Drafting professional business correspondence, including confidential communications 55%
2. Assume primary responsibility for meeting logistics as directed by COO or MBO including:
(a) Coordinating schedules with internal and external participants to identify optimal meeting days/times, including use of technology solutions to streamline process
(b) Space booking including office and 8th floor conference facilities, as well as off-site venues as necessary, and meeting room configuration (as applicable)
(c) Making catering arrangements as necessary
(d) Issuing participant invitations and preparing meeting materials
(e) Capturing accurate and complete meeting minutes as requested by COO or MBO 30%
3. Assist COO and MBO with ongoing project management including, but not limited to:
(a) Utilizing enterprise systems to track major project deliverables and deadlines, and proactively keep COO and MBO apprised of upcoming due dates and deliverables
(b) Processing outgoing/incoming documents for review/approval as needed, including utilizing enterprise document management system
(c) Assisting with preparations for quarterly and ad hoc Divisional team meetings, including developing PowerPoint presentations and other relevant materials, as well as assisting with planning and logistics for Divisional team building activities
(d) Assuming responsibility for maintaining digital library of all contracts, including utilizing organizational file naming conventions and “tags” to ensure that documents can be easily accessed as needed
(e) Assuming primary responsibility for requesting Certificates of Insurance (COIs) from Marsh as required, and tracing to ensure that COIs are received on a timely basis 15%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma required, bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Proven experience as an administrative assistant required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must have a passion for the organization’s mission and consistently model Core Values.
2. Must possess the utmost in professional discretion, confidentiality and integrity.
3. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and able to quickly learn new systems as required.
4. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Dependable, highly motivated and a true team player.
6. Possess strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
7. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
8. Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of departments and work styles.
9. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.