Celebrate, shop and eat safely this holiday. Here's our guide to the experiences, restaurants and shops offering convenient drive thru, curbside pick up and delivery. Now, tune into your favorite holiday playlist and buckle up.
Celebrate the Boys in Blue at Dodger Stadium
- To quote Elvis, it's going to be a "Blue Christmas" this year as the World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers host the drive-thru Holiday Festival at Dodger Stadium.
- Shop online for curbside pick-up at The Bloc in Downtown LA, including Macy's Flagship, Nordstrom Local, and UNIQLO.
- Historic Chinatown offers numerous to-go options, from classic Chinese spots like Hop Woo and Yang Chow to modern Asian eateries like David Chang's Majordomo and Pearl River Deli; and local favorites like the landmark Philippe The Original, The Little Jewel of New Orleans, Mexicali Taco, and the vegan Burgerlords.
Go for a Hike in Griffith Park
- Enjoy a car-free outdoor experience at Griffith Park, home to beloved hidden gems such as Amir's Garden and the Ferndell Nature Museum.
- For your post-hike cravings, place a to-go order from Los Feliz/Silver Lake spots like HomeState, Little Dom's, Alcove Cafe, or the plant-based Honeybee Burger.
- Located on the same block of Hoover Avenue, Vinovore and Bar Keeper have your wine and spirits gifts covered.
Watch Holiday Classics at the Hollywood Roosevelt
- Stop by The Record Parlour in Hollywood to pick up a gift for the vinyl aficionado in your life - which could be you, of course!
- Located two blocks south of the Hollywood Bowl, Mr. Jingles Christmas Trees features a variety of trees, from 2-foot Noble Firs to 17-foot Nordmann Firs. Mr. Jingles also offers numerous tree accessories, festive goods, and services like delivery and removal.
- The landmark Hollywood Roosevelt is screening holiday drive-in movies throughout December: Elf (Dec. 6), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Dec. 13), A Christmas Story (Dec. 20), and It's a Wonderful Life (Dec. 26). Tickets are on sale at Eventbrite.
- The hotel's upscale burger joint, 25 Degrees offers the signature Number One Burger, the Burger of the Month, and more for takeout.
Meet Me at 3rd and Fairfax
- Now open through Jan. 3, 2021, the Los Angeles Christmas Market features winter wonderland decor, a contactless photo op with Santa Claus, and a themed holiday market. The pop-up is located across from The Grove at the corner of Fairfax and W 3rd St. Free admission.
- New for this year, The Grove is offering Store-to-Door: shop an online collection of must-haves, or book a virtual shopping appointment with Caruso Concierge, and have everything delivered to your doorstep.
- For a more traditional shopping experience, The Original Farmers Market is home to more than 100 specialty shops, gourmet grocers, and eateries like Trejo's Tacos that are open daily for take-out and delivery.
Find Your Happy Place at Westfield Century City
- Happy Place: The Drive-Thru includes the world’s first giant piano that you play with your car, a rainbow road, and a pulsating nightclub for your car.
- Pick up your online/phone orders from high end retailers like Bloomingdale's, Macy's, and Nordstrom.
- Westfield's global selection of to-go menus ranges from the world-famous xiao long bao at Din Tai Fung, to pizza alla pala at Eataly, to the all-American burgers at Shake Shack.
View the Windows of Wonderment at the Santa Monica Pier
- LA's beloved Bob Baker Marionette Theater is showcased in "Windows of Wonderment," on view through Jan. 7, 2021 at the Santa Monica Pier. Peek through six windows of the Pier's historic merry go-round and see scenes from 57 years of Bob Baker productions.
- Numerous stores at Santa Monica Place are offering curbside pickup, including Aesop, Free People, Hugo Boss, Louis Vuitton, Nike, Tory Burch, and TUMI.
- The Rustic Canyon Family in Santa Monica will take care of your culinary needs, from holiday menus at Huckleberry and Birdie G's, to gift boxes at Esters Wine Shop, to sweet treats at Sweet Rose Creamery.
Drive Along Holiday Road
- Part of the Caruso collection of retail/entertainment destinations, The Commons at Calabasas attracts upscale shoppers from throughout the San Fernando Valley.
- Taking place at King Gillette Ranch in Calabasas, Holiday Road is a family-friendly drive-thru experience that features larger-than-life holiday displays, millions of Christmas lights, Santa & Mrs. Claus, and countless candy canes. Tickets are on sale at the Holiday Road website.
- Nestled in the Santa Monica Mountains above Malibu, Saddle Peak Lodge is renowned for its romantic setting and exotic wild game. Order from the New American menu and bring the Saddle Peak experience home - you supply the fireplace.
Deck the Halls at Terranea Resort
- Deck the halls at Terranea Resort with a Gingerbread House Decorating Kit, which includes one fully assembled gingerbread house, frosting, candy, and all the tools you'll need to get creative. Book a decorating session on the Catalina Lawn or purchase a kit at Pointe Discovery. For more info, visit the Terranea Resort website.
- Chef David LeFevre's MB Post is offering Nightly Family Meals that feed 4-6 and can be reheated at home: Chicken Pot Pie, Chili Verde Kurobuta Pork, Truffle Honey Fried Chicken, Baby Back Pork Ribs, Pork & Ricotta Meatballs, Roasted Whole Mary's Chicken, and Marinated Tri-Tip. Sides and batched cocktails available.
- Now through Jan. 10, 2021, South Coast Botanic Garden presents GLOW, a visually stunning art installation with thousands of lights that transform the lush oasis into an after hours experience with a Garden Lights & Ocean Waters theme. Tickets are on sale at the GLOW website.
Take a Bite Out of the Holidays
- Look for the "world's largest holiday bow" on the castle-like exterior of the Citadel Outlets, which is offering curbside pick-up for Coach, Kate Spade, Levi's and MadaLuxe Vault.
- Stop by Yang's Kitchen in Alhambra for the popular Baked Pork Chop Rice, an all-day special that serves 2-3 and is reheated in the oven - you get to melt the cheese! The Marketplace selection ranges from poultry and beef to produce and pantry items. Curbside or contactless pick-up is available.
- The Bite LA Winter Holiday & Stocking Stuffer Sweets Crawl is a family-friendly drive-thru experience that includes a Snowman "Sno-Ball" Fight, Winkle the Holiday Gnome Village, Story Time with Santa, and an Ugly Car Sweater Contest. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free sweets available. Tickets are on sale at The Bite LA website.