With expansive indoor-outdoor spaces, most L.A. breweries welcome well behaved, on-leash dogs. And many bars with patios likewise welcome your canine companion to drink… water.
- All Season Brewing - The landmark Firestone Tire Building has been transformed into a 13,000 square-foot, 15-barrel indoor-outdoor brewhouse. Kick it on the patio with your pup and enjoy "crushable" beers, cocktails on tap, and Chicas Tacos.
- Angel City Brewing - Housed in the historic John A. Roebling Building in the Arts District, Angel City opened in 2010 and is conveniently located a four-minute walk from the Metro E-Line Little Tokyo / Arts District Station. Well-behaved dogs are welcome in the Public House, but must be kept on a leash at all times. Dogs are not permitted in the actual brewing area.
- Boomtown Brewery - Opened in the Arts District in 2017, Boomtown Brewery is located in a huge warehouse space that's plastered with murals and occupied by sculptures created by local artists, right down to the fixtures.
- Golden Road Brewing - One of the most dog-friendly breweries in LA, Golden Road features a "Puppy Hour" at The Pub in Atwater Village. Proceeds from the Happy Hour specials for owners and their dogs benefit local rescues.
- Highland Park Brewery - Located across from Los Angeles State Historic Park in Chinatown, the second location of HPB welcomes dogs on the patio - unfortunately no pups inside.
- Trustworthy Brewing Co. - Formerly known as Verdugo West, the Burbank-based taproom welcomes on-leash pups with water and treats.
- MacLeod Ale Brewing Co - Anglophiles will love the dog friendly tasting room, which hosts trivia nights and live music on weekends.
- Three Weavers - Dog-friendly brewery in Inglewood welcomes well behaved, on-leash dogs.
- Los Angeles Ale Works - Tasting room and spacious patio with frequent dog-friendly food events.
- Brouwerij West - The dog-friendly indoor/outdoor seating area has the added bonus of being next door to Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles.
- Smog City Brewing Co - Like its sister locations in Long Beach and Glendora, the Torrance Brewery & Taproom is dog- and family-friendly. Check the website for the updated food truck schedule.
- Resident - the spacious, dog-friendly patio of this Arts District favorite serves up craft beer and cocktails from an Airstream trailer.
- The Morrison - This Atwater Village pub serves a special Doggy Menu with $6 dishes like “Where’s the Beef?” (chopped hamburger beef with rice) and "Cock-A-Doodle-Doo" (chicken with rice).
- The Fat Dog - Located in NoHo, this dog-themed gastropub has a huge 1,000 square-foot patio and offers bowls of water and treats for Fido.
- Blue Dog Beer Tavern - This Sherman Oaks hangout is covered from floor to ceiling with framed pictures of dogs, who are allowed on the shaded patio. Pet parents can order a plain burger patty for their pup and Blue Dog provides the water.
- Gray Tavern - Opened in December 2018, Gray Tavern is an upscale gastropub in Studio City that showcases Chef Jason Francisco's contemporary take on classic fare in an indoor-outdoor industrial setting.
- Idle Hour - Part of the 1933 Group of themed bars, the landmark Idle Hour in North Hollywood was restored and reopened in 2015, featuring a stunning barrel-shaped taproom, dog-friendly patio and a replica of the Bulldog Cafe.
- Walt's Bar - This friendly Eagle Rock watering hole boasts a collection of beautiful pinball machines from the 1970s and '80s, plus a menu of locally brewed craft beers. Follow @waltsbar on Instagram for upcoming pinball tourneys and other events.
- Wurstküche - Like the original Arts District location, the Venice outpost features a wide range of sausages, from classic brats to veggie options, gourmet (Filipino maharlika, Louisiana hot link) and exotics like rattlesnake & rabbit, buffalo, and pheasant. Add Belgian fries, dozens of draft and bottled beers, and you and your canine companion will be in doggie heaven.
- Brennan's - Best known for its turtle races, Brennan's in Marina del Rey offers 16 rotating taps, classic pub fare, outdoor sports court, and a dog-friendly patio with a special puppy menu.