1. Promotion Details
Prize Provider: Seoul Metropolitan Government and Delta
Number of Prizes: 2 winning prize packages
Description of Prize(s): Each prize includes 2 Roundtrip Tickets to Seoul, South Korea; 3 nights at a hotel in Seoul, South Korea; and Discover Seoul Passes
Average Retail Value of Each Prize: $5,544.00 USD
Total Retail Value of All Prizes: $11,088.00 USD
Additional Entry Instructions: Entrants must watch a video on discoverlosangeles.com and provide their favorite places shown in the video on that landing page.
Prize Delivery Method: Seoul Metropolitan Government and Delta will mail the vouchers to winner.
2. General Terms & Conditions. The following rules apply generally to Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board’s (“LATCB”) Seoul Promotion (“Promotion”) that is available through its website (“www.discoverlosangeles.com”). Because LATCB runs a wide variety of Promotions, at times some rules may not be applicable and/or additional rules may apply. In such cases, where such changes are not noted in these rules, changes will be announced on discoverlosangeles.com with separate or additional written rules attached to these rules. In some cases, LATCB may direct entrants to a website location for additional rules pertaining to a specific Promotion.
4. Promotion Dates and Times. The Promotion begins at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 3, 2018. The Promotion ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on December 17, 2018. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period.
5. Sponsor. The promotion is sponsored by Seoul Metropolitan Government and Delta (“Sponsors”). Additional sponsors or prize providers, if any, will be listed in the Promotion Details chart in Section 1 above.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their entries. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or violating these Official Rules.
8. Odds. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
9. Selection and Notification of Entrant. Each valid , Promotion entry will be entered into a random drawing conducted by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The drawing will be held on December 18, 2018 following the Promotion Period (“Drawing Date”) to determine the potential winner(s) (“Selected Entrant(s)”). The number of potential winners is listed in the Promotion Details in Section 1 above. The Selected Entrant(s) will be notified through Entrant’s email address used to enter the Promotion within twenty-four (24) hours of Drawing Date (“Notification”). The Selected Entrant will be required to respond (as directed) within three (3) business days of attempted Notification. Selected Entrant’s failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the prize, and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, up to four (4) times. The Selected Entrant may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) his or her name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. Selected Entrant will receive the prize via the process listed in the Promotion Details chart in Section 1 above within approximately thirty (30) days of Notification (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of prize). Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete Releases. The prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Sponsor may not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrant.
10. Prizes. The prize(s) and approximate retail value of prize(s) (“ARV”) are listed above in the Promotion Details in Section 1.
11. Prize Conditions. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk, as defined below, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize Notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited. For any prize that involves travel with a guest, both Guest and Selected Entrant must travel on the same itinerary, and any hotel or other accommodation will be based on double-occupancy. Travel will be from the major airport nearest Selected Entrant’s home. The prize is limited to what is expressly listed; all other expenses, which may include tips, and other transportation, are not included.
All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the Promotion will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. For any prize over $600.00, Selected Entrant must supply their Social Security Number. A failure to do so will mean the prize is forfeited. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by the Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or the Official Rules. Selected Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Promotion and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Promotion. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
12. Disputes. Disputes regarding the Official Rules and/or the Promotion will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering any of the Promotion, Entrant consents to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of California for the resolution of any and all disputes.
13. General Conditions. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Promotion may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Promotion and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
15. Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant's full name, social media handles, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Promotion on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, including without limitation on Sponsor and its affiliates’ program(s), website(s) and social media page(s).
16. Winners List and Promotions Rules. For a copy of these Official Rules or of the winner(s), send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage) to: Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, 633 West 5th Street, 18th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071. Request must be received within 90 days of the end of the Promotion.
© 2018 Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board. All rights reserved.