Job Title: Regional Director, India
Department: International Tourism
Reports to Job Title: Senior Director
Job Summary: The Regional Director will act as L.A. Tourism’s key contact and spokesperson in India and oversee in-country operations and activities. This position will be responsible for strategic development and market development, working with the Vice President and Senior Director to support L.A. Tourism’s strategic direction and priorities and driving the development of outbound tourism to LA through travel trade programs and industry/government relations.
1. Management Duties 35%
- Act as L.A. Tourism’s key contact and spokesperson in India.
- Oversee in-country operations and activities.
- Evaluate, track and report return on programs to ensure that plan, budget and results are aligned.
- Coordinate efforts with LA-based team and collaborate with internal departments to ensure integration of activities.
- Interact with industry peers to identify, implement and improve on best practices.
- Facilitate and coordinate trade missions and official visits from Los Angeles.
2. Strategic Development 30%
- Work with Vice President and Senior Director to support L.A. Tourism’s strategic direction and priorities.
- Plan, develop and implement a country-specific plan in accordance with the organization’s overarching strategic business objectives for the region.
- Establish long-term plan and footprint for developing tourism from India to L.A.
- Develop and implement strategies, plans and tactics to increase visitation to LA.
- Track tourism policy changes and trends impacting travel.
3. Market Development 30%
- Drive the development of outbound tourism to LA through travel trade programs (trade shows, training, sales calls, FAMs) and industry/government relations.
- Support the Los Angeles World Airports contract to ensure deliverables are achieved, specifically 1) marketing LAX and 2) route development/air service support.
- Assist with the development of L.A. Tourism’s MICE strategy for India.
- Liaise with in-market agencies (i.e. Public Relations) to leverage programs.
- Leverage Brand USA, Visit California and industry association opportunities.
4. Other duties as assigned. 5%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree required and 8+ years’ experience in the tourism industry directly related to destination and/or tourism sales and marketing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 8+ years in the tourism industry directly related to destination and/or tourism sales and marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with outstanding public speaking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Superior independent work capability as well as ability to work with a team based in multiple locations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a pulse on the latest industry trends.
- Job will require travel.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.