Job Title: Manager, Talent Acquisition
Department: Human Resources
Reports to Job Title: Vice President, Human Resources
Job Summary: The Manager, Talent Acquisition is responsible for overseeing the full-cycle recruitment function for L.A. Tourism. The Manager will act as a business partner when collaborating with hiring managers on open positions to source, attract and retain top talent.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
Position will oversee the full-cycle recruitment function across all divisions.
• Partner with hiring manager to understand position request
• Ensure job description is complete and accurately describes position and in compliance with state and federal laws
• Partner with VP HR and Manager, HR to receive approval and salary range for position request
• Recommend recruitment strategy for position by identifying posting opportunities (e.g., websites, job boards, associations/memberships, social media, etc.)
• Post positions on job boards
• Manage LinkedIn and Glassdoor accounts, including LinkedIn Recruiter
• Partner with search firms on outsourced positions. Conduct weekly update meetings with search firms to understand status of position and partner back with hiring manager when necessary to keep position moving forward
• Build networks to find qualified candidates
• Create interview guides
• Select qualified resumes and conduct initial phone screens
• Make recommendation to hiring manager regarding which candidates to interview in person and why
• Ensure candidate paperwork is complete (e.g., resume and Employment Application)
• Schedule all candidate interviews with appropriate level of management team via in-person, telephone, or Skype
• Debrief with management team after interviews regarding candidates and next steps
• Create and extend employment offers to candidates, in keeping with company policies, procedures and standards
• Conduct professional reference and background checks
• Enter candidate into background check system
• Maintain Recruitment spreadsheet with all pertinent details regarding each active position
• Maintain and check any sites that house our information (e.g., LinkedIn, Glassdoor)
• Manage internal HR resume inbox
• Code and process recruitment related invoices
• Maintain recruitment metrics for active/open positions
• Perform other duties as assigned
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partner with VP of HR and background check company to issue Adverse Action documents, if applicable.
2. Partner with VP of HR in identifying and implementing an Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree required and a minimum of 6+ years of hands-on recruitment and 3+ years of HR Generalist experience preferred (e.g., labor laws, HRIS, benefit administration experience, etc.).
Prior experience with hands-on, full-cycle recruitment is required. Experience recruiting for corporate (finance, sales, marketing) positions required and recruiting for creative positions (e.g., Associate Creative Directors, Production Artists, Video Editors, etc.) preferred. Experience managing 10-15 open requisitions at a time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Proven track record managing multiple open positions.
2. Strong knowledge of recruitment practices, processes, metrics and state/federal laws regarding recruitment.
3. Working knowledge of using social media to recruit candidates.
4. Hands on experience with ATS required.
5. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
8. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
10. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
11. Ability to work in a changing environment.
12. Ability to maintain confidential information required.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.