Job Title: Manager, Social Media
Department: Digital Marketing
Reports to Job Title: Editorial Director, Digital Marketing
The Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is recognized as the city's official tourism marketing organization. The tourism board is seeking a Social Media Manager with at least three to five years’ experience with Social Media. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all relevant social networks, measurement tools, local and national online communities, and demonstrate their ability to manage the tourism board's extensive digital networks.
The tourism board connects with locals, domestic travelers, international visitors, media, meeting professionals and travel professionals through nearly 20 social media channels. The official Los Angeles Facebook page reaches a community of more than one million people, and the popular @discoverLA Instagram platform is the top destination account in the country with over 800k engaged followers.
1. Oversees L.A. Tourism’s global social media channels (5 million followers), including representatives who manage individual social channels in a variety of markets oversees. 20%
2. Develops and maintains weekly Social Media Editorial Calendars for all channels. 20%
3. Creates unique content opportunities to drive traffic to the website. 20%
4. Monitors social media advertising budgets and all community management. 15%
5. Develops and executes creative Social Media strategies with Editorial Director. 10%
6. Attends events to create Social Media and web content campaigns, with a focus on Tourism Marketing District (TMD) hotels and more. 5%
7. Tracks key metrics on a monthly basis to illustrate performance across engagement, referrals and follower adoption, proving the effectiveness and added value of creating community online. Contributes related information to reports and presentations for upper management on an as needed basis.
8. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
9. Coordinates with Editorial Director, Partnership and Membership departments to integrate stakeholder efforts in the overall Social Media Editorial Calendars.
10. Coordinates with Media department to ensure all key tourism board messages are incorporated into social media outreach and crisis communication appropriately.
11. Executes partnerships and manages online relationships with regional, state and national organizations, including but not limited to the tourism industry.
12. Develops relationships with members, partners and city entities to generate relevant social media content and create social media partnerships.
13. Monitors and analyzes social conversation about Los Angeles using tools such as HootSuite and Sysomos.
14. Oversees Social Media contests/sweepstakes and fulfillment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years prior experience in marketing/communications, social media community management or a related field required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Experience in daily tracking and analyzing key metrics such as engagement and sentiment.
2. Has a proficient knowledge of the Los Angeles community, neighborhoods and events.
3. Excellent creative writing and photo editing skills, as well as a unique ability to communicate to multiple audiences in a variety of platforms.
4. Strong knowledge of online communications strategies and tactics, influencer communities, usability standards, branding and latest digital technologies, tools and best practices.
5. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
8. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
10. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
11. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.