Job Title: Manager, International Tourism
Reports to Job Title: Senior Director, Tourism
Job Summary: The Manager, International Tourism will be responsible for managing travel trade programs including trade shows, training, local sales calls and events, and FAM visits. The Manager will also collaborate with internal departments to ensure integration of tourism activities in key markets and a variety of other tourism marketing related duties.
1. Manage travel trade programs including trade shows, sales calls and FAM visits. 30%
2. Collaborate with LA Tourism internal departments to ensure integration of tourism activities. Support offices and activity in key markets. 20%
3. Help to develop and implement the annual tourism plan based on strategic objective. 10%
4. Assist with content for web, newsletters, collateral, and presentations. 10%
5. Support Los Angeles World Airports contract to ensure deliverables are achieved. 10%
6. Develop and maintain tourism database for key markets. 10%
7. Represent LA Tourism at designated events. 5%
8. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Prior experience in tourism marketing a plus. Foreign language skills strongly preferred (Korean or Spanish).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to work some evenings and weekends and travel as needed.
2. Ability to prioritize projects and tasks and assume timely and effective solutions to unanticipated client-focused issues.
3. Strong understanding of Los Angeles and all it offers.
4. Strong communication and public speaking skills.
5. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
8. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
10. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
11. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.