Job Title: Manager, International Communications
Department: Marketing / Communications
Reports to Job Title: Director, International Communications
Job Summary: The Manager, International Communications reports to the Director, International Communications and will oversee the work of key international PR agency partners. You will direct project teams, nurture media relationships, provide strategic guidance, and oversee media campaigns spanning all channels. Your experience and ability to independently manage in a pro-active, level-appropriate way is key to your success. Even better if you possess foreign language skills and/or have experience working with international partners.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Serves as a day-to-day contact for retained public relations agencies, overseeing their work and directing their strategy in tandem with the Director and/or VP. 20%
2. Leads or contributes to strategic plan development and implementation, ensuring KPI’s are met. 20%
3. Performs media relations activities including: Manages visiting journalist program and staffs FAMs as needed; responds to media inquiries; actively establishes and nurtures media relationships on behalf of the organization, regularly identifying new contacts and relevant story angles; proactively reaches out to media to secure travel/lifestyle media coverage spanning print/television/digital channels; takes ownership over various media campaigns, seeing them through from conception to post-mortem reporting. 20%
4. Manages projects start to finish. 10%
5. May oversee/manage other communication staff on certain projects, as needed. 5%
6. Manages project budgets. 5%
7. Works independently and makes level-appropriate decisions; displays ability to be forward-thinking and anticipatory. 15%
8. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Creation and maintenance of press materials.
2. Assistance with crisis communications.
3. Interacts with executive staff.
4. Interacts with partners.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree and 4+ years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Political Science, Communications, English.
The ideal candidate will be on the pulse of Los Angeles culture, and have some level of familiarity with our thriving dining scene, diverse neighborhoods, world-class attractions and hotels. Prior travel, tourism or hospitality industry experience is preferred; candidates must have prior experience working full-time with a PR agency or in-house on a public relations/communications team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. On the pulse of Los Angeles culture, from our thriving dining scene and diverse neighborhoods to world-class attractions and hotels.
2. Knowledge of AP style.
3. Adept at project management.
4. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
5. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
7. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
8. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
9. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
10. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.