L.A. in the News - EXPO! EXPO! IAEE’S ANNUAL MEETING & EXHIBITION ATTRACTS RECORD NUMBERS
More than 2,200 exhibition and events industry professionals gathered in Los Angeles to take part in networking, education sessions and a bustling floor show at the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) Expo! Expo! this past December. The highly successful three-day event, held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, kicked off with welcome remarks by LATCB’s Ernest Wooden Jr. and L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti, who issued a proclamation underscoring the value of conventions to Los Angeles.
LATCB hosted an opening and closing reception, which showcased the L.A. Live campus. A pre-IAEE customer familiarization event showcased only-in-L.A. venues such as Universal Studios Hollywood, Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Staples Center and much more.
Scott Craighead, CEM, vice president of exhibitions & events at International Association of Exhibitions and Events said, “Los Angeles has a great Convention Center Event Services team. The L.A. Live campus was heavily utilized by attendees. The improvements to the Convention area got the attention of attendees, who have not visited LA in several years.”
Expo! Expo! contributes approximately $6.4 million annually to host cities of this premier show.
LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER’S UPGRADES TARGET MAY COMPLETION
L.A.’s award season in full bloom and the stars aren’t the only ones getting all glammed up for their close-ups. The Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) is on track to complete its capital improvement project this May and will feature a new look and feel to the facility, designed to enhance the customer experience. The project includes several interior aesthetic and facility system enhancements such as:
- Installing a new, energy efficient solar-ready “cool roof” on the South Hall and Concourse Hall
- New carpet throughout the Center, including the Concourse Hall, Concourse Walkway, and hall lobby areas
- Overhauling parking systems to provide more automated options and speedier entrance and exit times
- Completely remodeling the 299-seat Theater and upgrading AV capabilities to accommodate a wide variety of current and next-generation technology options
- Installing the latest in energy-efficient and noise-reducing air handling units
- Upgrading air walls, IT infrastructure, lighting systems and numerous operating systems