On Sunday, December 5, CicLAvia will open up 5.3-miles of streets in South LA connecting the neighborhoods of South Central, Exposition Park, Leimert Park and Crenshaw. For all ages and abilities, the public is invited to bike, skate, scooter, run, walk, skateboard, hitch a ride on a pedi-cab, spectate and enjoy the route. CicLAvia is a free, open event – show up anywhere along the route at any time, and have fun!
CicLAvia is where joy meets purpose, restoring comfort to the community and reminds us of the value of public spaces for all. CicLAvia reinforces what matters most to us – connection with each other and with our communities. Whether one bikes, walks, strolls, skates, or jogs, we create more incredible moments and experiences enjoying our city streets together. Inspired by Bogotá’s weekly ciclovía, CicLAvia temporarily closes streets to car traffic and opens them to Angelenos to use as a public park.
Only people-powered vehicles allowed. No electric scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, unicycles, motorcycles and other non-people-powered vehicles allowed at CicLAvia. Class 1 e-bike pedal-assist allowed. Class 2 e-bikes allowed when throttle is powered off. Class 3 e-bikes allowed when pedal-assist is powered off. Motorized wheelchairs are allowed. Learn more here.
We're closely following LA County Public Health guidelines as we approach the event. Masks are now required on public transit and in all indoor public places in Los Angeles County, as well as at events with over 10,000 attendees. If you forget your mask, we will have complimentary masks available at our Info Booths and CicLAvia branded masks for sale if you want to add one to your collection.
Participants assume all known and unknown risks of participation in CicLAvia. More information regarding participants rights can be found here: https://www.ciclavia.org/south_la21
Free for all, CicLAvia connects communities to each other across an expansive city, creating a safe place to bike, walk, skate, roll, and dance through Los Angeles County. CicLAvia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
• CicLAvia-South LA; Sunday, December 5, 2021; 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. – The 5.3-mile open streets route connects the neighborhoods of South Central, Exposition Park, Leimert Park and Crenshaw, encompassing Crenshaw Blvd. between West Exposition Blvd. and Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., and along MLK, Jr. Blvd. to South Central Avenue
• Visit https://www.ciclavia.org/south_la21 for more detailed information
• https://www.ciclavia.org/; firstname.lastname@example.org; 213-355-8500
• Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ciclavia
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ciclavia & Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ciclavia/