LATINAFest brings together thousands of women, eager to engage and network with Latinas from a variety of industries-- Entertainment, Culinary, Financial, Beauty and Spas, Entrepreneurs and more -- all sharing their experiences, skills, and wisdom.
LATINAFest 2019 SCHEDULED ACTIVITIES
- Our over 100 Latina entrepreneurial vendors will be offering everything from clothing, Jewelry, sweets, shoes, hats, cultural clothing and wares, handwriting analysis, financial information, treatments and massages.
- LATINATalk sessions, including presentations by inspirational Latina leaders and spoken word poets will be presented onstage. Scheduled so far are and Chicana Playwright/Producer/Entrepreneur Josefina Lopez and radio host, DJ, author and journalist Lina Lecaro
- A live taping of TheTRENDTalk show with celebrity guests Latinas in STEM Angeles Elena Van Ryzin, and actress Shakira Barrera, who plays Yolanda (“Yo-Yo”) in Netflix's GLOW.
- LATINAFest Cocktail Garden for refreshing spirits prepared by Illegal Mezcal, with wine and tequila tastings.
- Goya Club Pop-up Workshop – Goya Foods presents a cooking demo by a celebrity Chef Cindy Rueda preparing easy summer recipes. Joining her will be actress/Goya Ambassador Shakira Barrera, who plays Yolanda (“Yo-Yo”) in Netflix's GLOW. Pull up a chair and watch, or join, as they create one of Goya’s delicious recipes right before your very eyes
- AARP brings the Soccer “Field” to LA Plaza and the kids (and adults too) to try their luck and compete for prizes. Then for a slower pace, there’s Chair Yoga for all adults who want to “meditate out” and “work that body” at the same time.
- LA Times En Espaňol/Hoy will host an Affirmation Tree where attendees will have an opportunity to declare their visions for success. Then if they decide they want to declare it out loud they will be able to record their goals for the next 12 months. Selected recordings will be part of the LATINAFest Podcast!
- East L.A. Artist/Entrepreneur Sand Oner famous for her paintings of sassy women with big eyes and lashes, will be doing a live interactive painting of her iconic “dolls” on the walls of a 15 foot U-haul.
- Book Readings - Promoting literacy at all ages LATINAFest has several authors in attendance. Authors of children’s books, self-help books, a physiological thrillers who will read from their books.
- Frida Fever - The fascination with Frida continues at this festival. Honoring one of the most prolific Latinas in history is Playwright/Actress Odalys Nanin, who will pay tribute to the iconic painter by channeling a scene from her hit published play, Frida: Stroke of Passion at the festival.
- Empowerment Fashion Parade closes off the day; women of all ages, shapes and forms will parade through the venue, up to the stage, modeling clothing, jewelry, hats and accessories from LATINAFest vendors.