Job Title: Director, Western Region Convention Sales
Department: Sales (Citywide)
Reports to Job Title: Vice President, Convention Sales
Job Summary: The Director, Western Region Convention Sales will manage an account portfolio within their geographic region and provide hands on management of group sales activities to achieve individual and team lead, room night and revenue goals. The primary goal of this position is to maximize targeted booking opportunities for the city and the Los Angeles Convention Center. We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, revenue driven, strong hospitality sales professional to be accountable for Los Angeles Tourism’s mission to promote and sell the destination to strategic organizations to increase convention and visitor business while maximizing the economic impact on the area.
1. Manage a pre-selected account portfolio consisting mostly of accounts within their geographic region (NoCa; WA; OR; CO; UT being primary). These accounts will be assessed by applying predetermined selection criteria on an annual basis. Position will solicit these accounts consisting of personal outside sales calls, site inspections, customer targeted events/initiatives, telephone/e-mail solicitation and written and oral communication and file maintenance. 40%
2. Direct and manage all group sales activities in their respective geographical office to achieve budgeted individual and team lead, room night and revenue goals. 20%
3. Participate in weekly sales meetings, sales strategies meetings, pre-convention meetings, training, 1 on 1 meetings with leadership and other sales related meetings as required. 5%
4. Attend trade shows, industry events and meetings determined to impact direct sales to the Los Angeles member hotels and the Los Angeles Convention Center. 10%
5. Maintain knowledge of market, competition, and account prospects to be added to the account portfolio. 5%
6. Accountable for established goals which is determined/renewed on an annual basis. 10%
7. Work in conjunction with the various programs to create strategies to secure future business. 5%
8. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree required and a minimum 7-9+ years’ related professional experience with a strong sales track record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Personal and professional initiative, enthusiasm, and dedication to excellence in wide ranging services to Los Angeles Tourism’s clients and their customers.
2. Ability to establish and maintain a system for assuring high standards of productivity within the department.
3. Superior verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong leadership skills, with ability to receive and give clear and complete instructions.
5. Ability to make presentations to company management and clients.
6. Ability to interface with all levels of employees in all departments.
7. Ability to maintain an on-going list by priority of projects and tasks, to assume timely and effective solutions to unanticipated client focused issues.
8. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
9. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
10. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
11. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
12. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.