Job Title: Coordinator, Social Media
Department: Digital Marketing
Reports to Job Title: Manager, Social Media
The Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is recognized as the city's official tourism marketing organization. The tourism board is seeking a Social Media Coordinator with at least two years’ experience with Social Media. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all relevant social networks, measurement tools, local and national online communities, and demonstrate their ability to manage the tourism board's extensive digital networks.
The tourism board connects with locals, domestic travelers, international visitors, media, meeting professionals and travel professionals through nearly 20 global social media channels. The official Los Angeles Facebook page reaches a community of more than one million people, and the popular @discoverLA Instagram platform is the top destination account in the country with over 800k engaged followers.
1. Executes creative Social Media strategies with Social Media Manager. 20%
2. Helps to maintain weekly Social Media Editorial Calendars for all channels. 20%
3. Sources user-generated social media content and manages Social Media contests/sweepstakes and fulfillment. 20%
4. Engages daily in Community Management activities amongst the multiple social media accounts that reach 5 million followers. 20%
5. Contributes regularly to reports and presentations for upper management. 5%
6. Ensures all key tourism board messages are incorporated into social media outreach and crisis communication appropriately. 5%
7. Develops relationships with members, partners and city entities to generate relevant social media content and create social media partnerships. 5%
8. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
9. Creates unique content opportunities to drive traffic to the website.
10. Helps coordinate awards submissions for LA Tourism’s digital efforts.
11. Scouts social media influencers and coordinates their unique itineraries upon arrival.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred and 1-3 years prior experience in marketing/communications, social media community management or a related field required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Embraces challenges and achieves strict performance objectives.
2. Has a proficient knowledge of the Los Angeles community, neighborhoods and events.
3. Excellent creative writing and photo editing skills, as well as a unique ability to communicate to multiple audiences in a variety of platforms.
4. Knowledge of online communications strategies and tactics, influencer communities, usability standards, branding and latest digital technologies, tools and best practices.
5. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
8. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
10. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
11. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.