Job Title: Coordinator, International Communications
Reports to Job Title: Manager, International Communications
Job Summary: Reporting to the Manager, International Communications, the Coordinator, International Communications will support the team with visiting journalists, will perform media relations activities, support with research and reporting and participate in partner outreach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Supports team with visiting journalists, performing such roles as: vetting media requests, coordination of activities, itineraries, and travel arrangements. Participates in the actual hosting of journalists. Interacts with and manages agency partners on visiting journalist opportunities. 25%
2. Performs media relations activities including: Supporting the team with responses to media inquiries; Interacts with and supports agency partners on media relations and reporting items. 20%
3. Assists with research and reporting, reviews agency clipping reports and audits the reports. 15%
4. Conducts outreach to partners to gather information for the team and to communicate information externally. 15%
5. Takes on administrative tasks for the team including: processing expense reports, help with travel bookings for visiting journalists, updating calendars and tracking key holidays etc. 10%
6. Maintains and creates press materials and builds media lists. 10%
7. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILIITES:
1. Trend and general news monitoring.
2. Assists with updating and maintaining media databases.
3. Serves as brand ambassador for Los Angeles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma required, bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Minimum of 1-3 years related experience required. The ideal candidate will be on the pulse of Los Angeles culture and have some level of familiarity with our thriving dining scene, diverse neighborhoods, world-class attractions and hotels. Prior travel, tourism or hospitality industry experience is preferred; candidates must have prior experience working with a PR agency or in-house on a public relations/communications team. Mandarin language skills preferred but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
2. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
4. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
6. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
7. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.