Job Title: Coordinator, Human Resources & Finance
Department: Human Resources & Finance
Reports to Job Title: Vice President, Human Resources & Vice President, Finance
Job Summary: Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources and Vice President, Finance, the Coordinator will provide a broad range of administrative support for the Human Resources and Finance departments as well as the IT department. This opportunity is ideal for a highly detail-oriented person with a working knowledge of human resources regulations and practices, general office administration experience and the ability to maintain information in confidence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Create and maintain all personnel, benefit, 401k and I9 files in accordance with State and Federal laws.
• Process, track, audit and maintain I9 documents in accordance with the law.
• Process verification of employment requests.
• Process unemployment insurance documents in accordance with State time lines.
• Process jury duty notices and inform payroll.
• File all human resources and benefits related paperwork.
• Order and post annual state and federal required postings/posters.
• Distribute workers’ compensation documents.
• Code and process all invoices (e.g., background check, company events, etc.).
• Process termination paperwork and distribute the State required documents/pamphlets, per state.
• Assist with handling all change notice documents, such as new hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, etc.
• Serves a floor warden for safety.
• Assist with annual Open Enrollment meetings.
• Assist with annual Global Team meeting, Monthly Giveaways, R&R Program, and other employee events.
• Participate in planning and organizing company events.
• Updating HR databases (e.g., org chart system, LMS).
• Manage Vice President, Finance calendar (e.g., scheduling)
• Drafting and distributing finance related communications to external stakeholders
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations (e.g., graphics, colors, headings, etc.)
• Take minutes at finance staff meetings and audit and investment committee meetings
• Liaison with external stakeholders to coordinate meetings and prepare correspondence and packets for meetings
• Schedule and prepare for meetings for Vice President, Finance and Vice President, IT (e.g., secure venue/location, order food/beverages, send invitations, etc.)
• Ad hoc research for finance related projects and systems (e.g., NetSuite)
• Various tasks as assigned by Vice President, Finance
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma required, bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Prior experience in human resources required with 2+ years as a human resources assistant or coordinator. Experience with data entry preferred. General office administration experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Proven and prior HR assistant/generalist experience is required.
2. Knowledge of state and federal labor laws.
3. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
4. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
6. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
7. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
8. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
9. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.