Job Title: Coordinator, Destination Services
Department: Sales & Client Services
Reports to Job Title: Vice President, Client & Destination Services
Job Summary: Reporting to the VP, Destination Services, the Coordinator, Destination Services will support the team with planning, organizing and coordination of all conventions and self-contained meetings. Key responsibilities will include addressing all administrative duties as it applies to FAMS, Special Events, Global Sales Meetings, GM Sales Missions and Tradeshows, handling related billing and expense processing and organizing and managing the Event Calendar and related meetings. Sharp project management, communication and coordination skills in a fast-paced environment are key to your success. Experience in the Travel & Tourism, Sales and/or Hospitality industries are preferred and most helpful.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Addresses all administrative duties as it applies to FAMS, Special Events, Global Sales Meetings, GM Sales Missions and Tradeshows including supporting the Directors within the Services Department. Manages reports and spreadsheets to track and measure specific projects. 20%
2. Handles billing & reconciliation as it applies to the American Express Corporate Card and assist with maintaining the newly implemented standardized budget system for events. 20%
3. Chairs the Monthly Event Calendar Meeting & maintains meeting minutes. 20%
4. Oversees a case load of administrative focused Sales Self-Contained turn over files. 10%
5. Manages the Preferred Delta Airline Program from annual inception to conclusion including preparing monthly status reports. Manages and maintains department reports. 10%
6. Manages Correspondence and maintains the digital files of the Speaker Network & Corporate Social Responsibility Programs. 10%
7. Assist/Coordinates citywide & self-contained sites & events 5%
8. Perform other duties as assigned 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILIITES:
9. Undertakes special projects as requested by the VP of Client & Destination Services
10. Oversees collateral inventory for the LACC Visitor Information Booths in the West & South Hall
11. Manages independent Contractor Agreement forms, and ensures that all monthly, quarterly & annual administrative accounting stipulations are met as it pertains to closing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma required, bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Minimum 1-3 years of related experience required. Proven experience as an administrative assistant required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Working knowledge of processing invoices, payments and transactions.
2. Researching, sorting & negotiating group specific requirements.
3. Flexible to the changing demands and workload of the department.
4. Must have a passion for the organization’s mission and consistently model Core Values.
5. Must possess the utmost in professional discretion, confidentiality and integrity.
6. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and able to quickly learn new systems as required.
7. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
8. Dependable, highly motivated and a true team player.
9. Possess strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
10. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
11. Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of departments and work styles.
12. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.