Job Title: Coordinator, Client & Destination Services
Department: Sales & Client Services
Reports to Job Title: Vice President, Client Services & Destination Services
Reporting to the VP, Client & Destination Services, the Coordinator, Client & Destination Services will support the Directors and Managers of both departments with planning, organizing and coordination of all conventions and self-contained meetings. Key responsibilities will include interacting with clients and members; communicating creative and sales asset needs with the LATCB Creative Department, along with tracking and assuring timely delivery to events; assisting and assuring brand standards are maintained at all LATCB events; handling related billing and expense processing. Sharp project management, communication and coordination skills in a fast-paced environment are key to your success. Experience in the Travel & Tourism, Sales and/or Hospitality industries, ideally along with Mandarin language skills are preferred and most helpful.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Assist in the planning, organizing and coordination of all details pertaining to citywide conventions and self-contained meetings. 20%
2.Works closely with Sales and Services to ensure that all LOI and contracted services are delivered per the stipulation of the agreement. 15%
3. Handles all billing related services for Client Services and self-contained meetings. 20%
4. Coordinates with the Creative Department on the requirements for all citywide conventions and self-contained meetings including the marketing and branding of the conferences and related events prior and during the contracted events. 10%
5. Assist in the development of updating with brand standards and maintaining competitive sales and attendee building marketing in both hardcopy and online formats. Marketing materials should promote the unique and highly valuable aspects of both the sales and service department with the destination. 10%
6. Effectively serves as an extension of the sales team during all interactions with clients and members. 5%
7. Provides assistance to the Directors and Manager in the Client & Destination Services Departments. 5%
8. Addresses all duties as it applies to citywide conventions and self-contained meetings prior to arrival, during meeting dates and post departure. 10%
9. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
10. Undertakes special projects as requested by the Sr. Director of Client & Destination Services
11. Addresses all administrative duties as it applies to pre-promotions, citywide conventions & self-contained meetings.
12. Manages deliveries of amenities, brand assets and travels locally as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum 1-3+ years’ related professional experience required. Prior experience in hospitality or a sales organization, ideally in the travel and tourism industry, a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Multi-lingual, reading & writing in English and Mandarin preferred.
2. Working knowledge of processing invoices, payments and transactions.
3. Researching, sorting & negotiating group specific requirements.
4. Flexible to the changing demands and workload of the department.
5. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
8. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
10. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
11. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.