Job Title: Coordinator, Asia
Department: Marketing (International Tourism)
Reports to Job Title: Director, Tourism - China
Job Summary: The Coordinator, Asia will provide administrative support for the International Tourism Department and manage the day-to-day tasks with direction from the Director. This is a highly administrative position including processing weekly expense reports, data entry, month-end reporting, and email correspondence. The ideal candidate must be detailed oriented and manage multiple projects at once. This position is Los Angeles based and does not require travel outside of Los Angeles; however, minimal travel within Los Angeles is required on occasion.
1. Assist Director, China and Sr. Director to fulfill administrative needs including filing, emails, calendars, travel arrangements, expense reports, document preparation, timecards, control of warehouses inventory, and follow up within L.A. Tourism’s departments 20%
2. Assist overseeing the good standing of budgets and accounting matters. Manage monthly invoices from vendors to ensure they are received and processed in a timely manner. 15%
3. Track monthly activity as it pertains to Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) and submit LAWA reports including timesheets and month-end reports. 15%
4. Assist with follow-up of sales activities/trade shows and enter in client account details, partner referrals and tracers into the department database as well as maintain and clean-up accounts. 15%
5. Organize and coordinate familiarization (FAM) tours and client site inspections by arranging the itinerary with the advice from the Director and confirm L.A. member participation. 15%
6. Work directly with mailroom for fulfillment and shipping requests for sales missions, trade shows, requests from clients and international offices. 10%
7. Attend site inspections and L.A. member events when needed 5%
8. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma and a minimum 1-3+ years’ related professional experience required. Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. Prior experience in the hospitality industry on the leisure and/or international side of the business a strong plus. Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese or Korean language skills preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must understand basic accounting.
2. May require evenings and weekends as needed.
3. Ability to travel minimally within Los Angeles required.
4. Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese or Korean language skills preferred.
5. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
6. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
8. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
10. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
11. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.