Universal Studios Hollywood™ is the only authentic, working movie studio and theme park in the world. It's as much a can’t-miss for visitors as it is a popular weekend attraction for LA locals.
From the world-famous Studio Tour to thrilling rides and family-friendly attractions, read on and discover the top ten must-see attractions for your next visit to Universal Studios Hollywood.
SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™
SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ takes you into the world of Super Mario™! Battle Team Bowser on the groundbreaking Mario Kart™ ride. Play interactive games throughout the land and track your score with a Power-Up Band™. Dine at Toadstool Cafe™, meet Mario and friends, and purchase exclusive merch at the 1-UP Factory™ store. © Nintendo. Nintendo trademarks are properties of Nintendo.
1. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
HOGWARTS IS NOW IN HOLLYWOOD! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ is one of the West Coast’s greatest entertainment experiences. Explore the mysteries of Hogwarts™ castle, visit the shops of Hogsmeade™, and sample fare from some of the wizarding world’s best-known establishments. Soar above Hogwarts with the thrilling Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, or spiral and dive around the pumpkin patch when you ride the family-friendly Flight of the Hippogriff™ roller coaster.
DARK ARTS AT HOGWARTS™ CASTLE
Find a moment of hope hidden in the darkness when you see Dark Arts at Hogwarts™ Castle light up the sky with music and live special effects. Experience the fire-engulfed army of Inferi, the soul-draining breath of Dementors™ and the haunting image of Lord Voldemort™ as you stare in awe at the castle’s takeover. Accompanied by an atmospheric music score created by Academy Award-winning composer John Williams, this powerful spectacle is an unforgettable end to your day.
2. Jurassic World - The Ride
Prepare yourself for the evolution of Jurassic World - The Ride, as you come face-to-face with Indominus rex as she stalks you through the jungle. You'll be caught in an epic battle for the ages when she’s confronted by her archrival, Tyrannosaurus rex.
Besides the ride itself, highlights of the experience include:
- Raptor Encounter - Meet Blue the Velociraptor and the friendly Triceratops.
- DinoPlay - Discover the interactive kids area with activities for younger guests.
- Isla Nu-Bar - Enjoy a Tiki cocktail beneath the shade of the thatched roof.
- Jurassic Café - Whether you're as hungry as a T. rex or just want to nibble, this is the perfect spot for a taste of Costa Rican inspired cuisine.
- Jurassic Outfitters - Commemorate the day with collectibles such as t-shirts, hats, drinkware and jewelry.
3. The World-Famous Studio Tour
The World-Famous Studio Tour is perhaps the most legendary attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood. Narrated by Jimmy Fallon, the Studio Tour offers guests the chance to explore the working backlot of a real Hollywood movie studio. The tram ride takes visitors past sets from films like War of the Worlds, Psycho and Jaws, to filmmaker Peter Jackson’s heart-pounding King Kong 360 3D, the world’s largest 3D experience.
FAST & FURIOUS - SUPERCHARGED
Based on the Fast & Furious action movie series, Fast & Furious - Supercharged is a dynamic hydraulic-motion based ride that catapults guests into the high-stakes underground world of fast cars. The grand finale of the Studio Tour, Fast & Furious - Supercharged is housed in a 50,000 square-foot building and tells an original Fast & Furious story with hyper-realistic special effects that immerse guests in the adrenaline-fueled Fast & Furious universe. State-of-the-art 3D-HD imagery is projected onto the world’s longest and most expansive 360-degree screen, spanning nearly 400 feet in length to encircle Studio Tour passengers.
4. The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash
The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash is a fully immersive experience in which guests assume the roles of stray puppies as they join characters from the hit animated films on their quest to find forever homes.
Using animatronics, video mapping and more high-tech magic, the family-friendly adventure takes visitors through the streets of New York as they make their way to the adoption fair. Throughout their journey, riders will encounter Max, Snowball, Gidget, Chloe, Duke, and a host of other animal friends.
5. Shopping and Entertainment at Universal CityWalk
With over 30 stores, 30 dining options, six nightclubs, live outdoor entertainment and a 19-screen movie theater - including a seven-story IMAX - Universal CityWalk is a one-stop destination for entertainment that's located just steps from Universal Studios Hollywood. Be sure to check out the state-of-the art 5 Towers concert venue which showcases live, free entertainment all year long.
6. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
7. Springfield - The Simpsons Ride™
The Simpsons Ride™ is a virtual reality roller coaster ride through Krusty the Clown’s low-budget theme park, Krustyland. The Simpsons' hometown comes alive with favorite locations from the award-winning animated series. From eateries like Krusty Burger, Luigi’s Pizza and Phineas Q. Butterfat’s 5600 Flavors Ice Cream Parlor, to watering holes like Moe’s Tavern and Duff’s Brewery, guests will feel as if they’ve stepped through their TV and into the colorful city of Springfield.
8. Transformers™: The Ride–3D
Transformers™: The Ride-3D is an immersive, next generation thrill ride that blurs the line between fiction and reality. Fusing HD 3D media and flight simulation technology, this epic ride creates an experience that's unlike anything this planet has ever seen. Based on the popular movie franchise, this mind-blowing Transformers adventure puts you in the middle of the ultimate war zone.
Besides the incredible attractions and The World-Famous Studio Tour, the whole family will love the numerous entertainment options, including:
- WaterWorld - The park's #1 rated show is an unforgettable adventure that surges to life with jumping jet-skiers, perilous plunges, firefights, massive explosions, and an in-your-face plane crash that must be seen to be believed.
- Universal's Animal Actors - The animals aren’t just in the live show, they’re in control! See your favorite scenes from The Secret Life of Pets re-enacted, watch exclusive film content, and witness Tinseltown-trained critters put pet tricks to shame with their animal antics. Who knows, you might even get to co-star!
10. Seasonal Events
Throughout the year, Universal Studios Hollywood hosts some of LA's most popular seasonal events, including:
- Halloween Horror Nights - From the movie studio that invented the horror film genre, Halloween Horror Nights brings together the stories and visions of the world’s most notorious creators of horror. Enter mind-ripping mazes; face nightmarish creatures in sinister scare zones; get lost in outrageous live entertainment; and escape to some of the park’s most exhilarating attractions.
- Holidays - The whole family can celebrate Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, join in the Who-tacular Grinchmas™ celebration, and end the day at Universal CityWalk with holiday shopping, the 40-foot Christmas tree, and fantastic dining.
BONUS: VIP Experience
Book the VIP Experience for the ultimate behind-the-scenes visit to Universal Studios Hollywood. Tickets to the VIP Experience start at $349 per person (discounts available throughout the year), and include exclusive features such as:
- Tour the backlot in a special trolley that lets you disembark and explore areas not open to the general public.
- VIP guide who immerses you in the Universal Studios story, escorts you through express lines at rides and attractions, and finds the best seats at seated shows.
- Gourmet lunch in the private VIP dining room, valet parking, and VIP entry and exit from the park.
TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2013 Hasbro. © 2013 DreamWorks, LLC and Paramount Pictures Corporation. All Rights Reserved. THE SIMPSONS TM & ©2013 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved War of the Worlds ©2012 by Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks LLC. All Rights Reserved...©2013 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.