Cleopatra: The Exhibition, featuring the largest collection of its kind ever assembled in the U.S., opened at the California Science Center on May 23, 2012. More than 150 priceless Egyptian artifacts illuminating the life of Cleopatra VII, one of the most provocative and powerful women in history, will be on view including colossal statues, jewelry, coins and items from her sunken palace in Alexandria and other ancient sites that were significant during her life as queen. Cleopatra immerses visitors in the experience of two present-day searches on land and sea for the elusive queen. The artifacts weigh in at about 30 tons in total, including two 16-foot granite statues of a Ptolemaic king and queen from the 4th – 3rd centuries B.C. To enhance the guest experience during the run of Cleopatra, the Science Center's IMAX Theater will be featuring Mysteries of Egypt, produced by National Geographic and starring legendary screen actor Omar Sharif.
700 Exposition Park Drive, Los Angeles, 90037
For accommodations as spectacular as Cleopatra itself, book an exclusive package at one of these Los Angeles hotels.
Custom Hotel lobby | Photo courtesy of Custom Hotel, Facebook
8639 Lincoln Blvd., Los Angeles, 90045
Package includes two complimentary tickets to Cleopatra.
Rates from $169
Photo courtesy of Hollywood Hotel
1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, 90029
- VIP admission tickets to Cleopatra
- Hot Buffet Breakfast with cooked to order omelets from 6:30am-10:30am
- Free WiFi
Rates from $199
Los Angeles Athletic Club
John R. Wooden Award Basketball Court with 1/10 mile track above. | Photo courtesy of LAAC, Facebook
431 West Seventh St., Los Angeles, 90014
- One night stay in a deluxe room
- Two VIP tickets to Cleopatra: The Exhibition
- Daily Deluxe American Breakfast for two
- Complimentary Overnight Parking
- Welcome Amenity
- Complimentary use of athletic facilities
Rates from $195
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
The Galleria | Photo courtesy of Millennium Biltmore Hotel
506 S. Grand Ave., Los Angeles, 90014
- Room accommodation at the Historic Landmark Hotel.
- 2 VIP tickets to Cleopatra.
- Valet Parking for one car.
Rates from $259
Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
Photo courtesy of Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
251 S. Olive St., Los Angeles, 90012
- Luxurious accommodations
- 2 VIP Tickets to Cleopatra
- Complimentary valet parking each night of stay.
- Special Amenity delivered to guest night of arrival.
Rates from $199
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown
Photo courtesy of Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown, Facebook
711 S. Hope St., Los Angeles, 90017
- Two VIP admission tickets
- Breakfast buffet for two
Rates from $169
Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Westin Bonaventure | Photo courtesy of prayitno, Flickr
404 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, 90071
- Overnight accommodations in a deluxe room or a one-bedroom suite
- VIP admission to Cleopatra (one ticket per paid adult in the room)
Rates from $179 in a deluxe room and $279 for a one-bedroom suite
Photo courtesy of Budget
Your chariot awaits you at Budget Rent a Car LAX! California Science Center and Budget LAX are teaming up to give you great deals on your rental and tickets to see the stunning Cleopatra exhibit.
- Book your rental using special Cleopatra promotional rates (BCD# R016900).
- Up to 15% off your daily, weekly, or weekend rental.
- Rates valid from May 23 – December 31, 2012.