Boston is an American rock band from Boston, Massachusetts that achieved its most notable successes during the 1970s and 1980s.They have sold over 31 million albums in the United States, of which 17 million were for their self-titled debut album and 7 million were for their second album, Don't Look Back. Boston's best-known works include the songs "More Than a Feeling", "Peace of Mind", "Foreplay/Long Time", "Rock and Roll Band", "Smokin'", "Don't Look Back" and "Amanda".
5515 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Things to know about The Hold Steady:
* "Teeth Dreams" is the sixth album from one of America's most acclaimed rock bands.
* This is their first release in four years. Their last, "Heaven is Whenever," came out in May 2010.
* The songs on "Teeth Dreams" came together over the past three years. Many of them went through significant changes along the way. Four years is the most time between any two The Hold Steady releases.
* Guitarist Steve Selvidge joined The Hold Steady for the "Heaven is Whenever" tour. "Teeth Dreams" is the first THS release where Selvidge participated in the writing and recording. A number of the songs were written at sessions in Memphis, where Steve lives.
* The album was produced and mixed by Nick Raskulinecz. Nick has produced records by Foo Fighters, Rush, Alice in Chains, Deftones, Ghost and more.
* "Teeth Dreams" was recorded and mixed at Rock Falcon Studios in Franklin, TN. It is the first record that THS has made outside of the NYC area.
* This five-piece line up (two guitars, bass, drums, vocals) of the band showcases a bigger and tougher sound. The guitars are especially present on this release.
* This is the first release on the band's own Positive Jams imprint, which is in partnership with Washington Square/Razor & Tie.
* The title "Teeth Dreams" refers to a common nighttime dream. Dreams about teeth are usually triggered by anxiety. Anxiety is a theme that shows up in a number of songs on the album.
* The band recently launched an official fan club called The Unified Scene, and released a five song covers EP to the members of the club.
* The Hold Steady played their first show in 2003. They are entering their second decade as a band. The Hold Steady has been cited as influential by numerous rock acts such as Japandroids, Titus Andronicus, Frank Turner and many others.
* THS has toured heavily, and has played at least one show in all 50 states. They achieved this in summer 2013 when they played a show in Wyoming, the last state on their list.
31106 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, 92651
11:00pm to 1:00pm
Jazz Wednesdays Summer 2014 will bring great jazz music and great food together in our brand new venue: The Ranch at Laguna Beach, 31106 S. Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach (formerly Aliso Creek Inn). We will ...
2000 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067
It’s time to see the world through country colored lenses. Curated by the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History and the Country Music Hall of Fame, Country: Portraits of an American Sound at the Annenberg Space for Photography includes over 100 historical and contemporary photos, artifacts, a digital jukebox (this is where your kids will station themselves, and you want them to, because even if you’re not a country fan, the kids should know Dolly & the Man in Black), an original short form documentary with interviews from exhibited photographers, country musicians and historians and more.
10899 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90024
Lunchtime Art Talks take place every Wednesday at 12:30pm. The Hammer's curatorial department leads free and insightful 15-minute discussions about works of art currently on view or from museum collections. This talk will be led by Marcela Guerrero, curatorial fellow.