DeLeón Tequila and Broken Spanish Chef Ray Garcia present a Night of Modern Mexican Cuisine to kick-off LA Weekly Tacolandia
This dinner will feature the best chefs in Northern Mexico and Alta, California for a multi-course meal of northern Mexican gastronomy interpreted through the lens of Modern Mexican cuisine. This evening joins three Mexican chefs on the Pellegrino Latin 50 Best list with two of the leading chefs in a nouveau Mexican-American cuisine that's taking Los Angeles by storm. Among the list of esteemed chefs are two of the creators and leading voices of Modern Mexican cuisine, chefs Gonzalez and Molina, a new breed of Mexican-trained chefs, Diego Hernandez, America's first fine dining taquero in Wes Avila, and hosting chef, Ray Garcia, who's helping create an original style of Mexican cooking, born in L.A.
Meet the chefs:
1) Chef Benito Molina, Manzanilla (Ensenada, Mexico)
2) Chef Diego Hernandez, Corazon de Tierra (Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico)
3) Chef Guillermo Gonzalez, Pangea (Monterrey, Mexico)
4) Wes Avila, Guerilla Tacos (Los Angeles, California)
5) Chef Ray Garcia, Hosting Chef from Broken Spanish (Los Angeles, California)
Price includes 1-hour hosted cocktail reception by DeLeón Tequila, 6-course dinner, tax, gratuity and Eventbrite admin fee.