Come join us for a family day at the UAM, in conjunction with the exhibition, Jessica Rath: A Better Nectar. Photo art activities with plants will be available for children on the UAM plaza. The Consumed and MOCA 8 exhibitions will also be on view.
Family Day will include activities and information booths including:
- Children's photosensitive art projects using plants, led by UAM Docent Council
- Demonstrations from the City of Long Beach Sustainability Office
- Interactive Ti'at Restoration workshop, CSULB American Indian Studies
- Grow Beach University Garden, Associated Students, Inc.
- Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden, CSULB
2-3pm: Lecture on native California plants, Lisa Novick, Theodore Payne Foundation. Native plants will be available for sale.
3-4pm: Gallery walkthrough with Jessica Rath and digital designer Elise Co of Aeolab.
THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
* Free parking in LOT 3