4810 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, 90027
Help promote bicycle safety and demand safer streets in Southern California, so pedestrians and bicyclists don’t have to fear the possibility of being part of a hit-and-run!
In February of 2013, Damian was in a hit-and-run accident while bicycling to Griffith Park. Hit by a van and dragged along with it, his leg was amputated in the recovery. Damian made an oath after the accident, saying “There was no way that I was going to have that accident and not get back on my bicycle.” Join Damian and hundreds of others in finishing his ride to Griffith Park at the first-ever Finish the Ride event.
There will be three great rides ranging from beginner (6 miles) to advanced (23 miles), as well as live music, great food and vendor booths, a free raffle, and silent auction. The registration fee includes a stylish t-shirt and goodie bag loaded with coupons, treats, and swag! Sport Chalet is proud to support this event, for additional details visit www.finishtheride.com.
4500 Los Feliz Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
East meets West as Iron Chef-contender Bernhard Mairinger brings a taste of Austria to Messhall when his celebrated BierBeisl restaurant pops up for one night, Sunday April 27, 6 pm on. Chef Mairinger will be in the kitchen preparing his signature a la carte dishes including:
· Käsekrainer sausage with spicy brown mustard, fresh horseradish, pretzel bread
· Original Wiener Schnitzel with potato salad, lingonberry compote
· Trout Duo cured and smoked, with cucumber ragout, trout roe, herb salad
· “Mohr im Hemd”, chocolate hazelnut cake, warm chocolate sauce, whipped cream
· Apple Strudel with Vanilla Ice Cream