1818 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Tom Drury's fiction has appeared in The New Yorker, Harper's, and Mississippi Review. He is the author of The Driftless Area, The Black Brook, and Hunts in Dreams. Drury was raised in Iowa and lives with his wife and daughter in California.
6233 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028
(THROUGH MAY 25) MY BROTHER MARVIN, audiences will experience the most candid and revealing story of life with this musical icon that has EVER been told. Based on the first-hand accounts of Marvin’s sister Zeola Gaye, “My Brother Marvin” pushes the envelope by revealing Marvin’s internal battles, greatest fears and most salacious family secrets.
6560 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, 90028
11:00am to 7:00pm
Three days of intensive improvisation workshops for those who can't make the weeklong programs or want a quick brush up on skills. Choose a class from the following dates. Classes take place over Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Improvising Basics - While learning the building blocks of improvisation, this term builds confidence through ensemble energy.
6360 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, 90028
6:00pm to 9:00pm
Who: Gregg Young & the 2nd Street “C” Jazz Band
- Shore Records Recording Artist
- Smooth Jazz Artist of the Year, LA Music Awards
- Best of Jazz Nominee -1st Annual Hollywood Music Awards
- Winner Best Blues - Hollywood Music in Media Awards
- Winner Best Funk/Groove – Hollywood Music in Media Awards
- Best Latin Nominee – Hollywood Music in Media Awards
- Best Pop Nominee - Hollywood Music in Media Awards
- House Band, Dome Arclight Entertainment Center
What: “C” Jazz, Blues, R&B, Rock’N’Roll, Tropical Grooves, Reggae, Soca & Movie Themes.
When: Friday, May 24th, 2013 from 6pm-9pm.
Where: The Dome Arclight Entertainment Center
6360 W. Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
Why: 2013 Music on the Plaza Series!
How: Gregg Young (Guitar), Kirkwood Coakley (Bass) and Quinn Johnson (Keys).
Free admission & the public is invited.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: