Book a hotel on discoverLosAngeles.com and receive two free adult admissions and store discounts at 30 leading LA museums
LOS ANGELES (September 4, 2012) – Many of history’s great masterpieces call Los Angeles museums home and, this fall, the Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board (LA Tourism) is turning the spotlight on the destination’s priceless artworks and exhibitions. During “Museums LA,” visitors who book two nights or more on www.discoverLosAngeles.com/cultureLA for stays at any participating Los Angeles area hotel between October 1-November 11, 2012 receive two free admissions and museum store discounts at 30 participating museums.
A sample of museum savings and exhibition highlights include:
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) – regularly a $15 admission fee per person and featuring four new exhibitions, as well as Levitated Mass by artist Michael Heizer
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens – regularly a $20 admission fee per person and featuring two new exhibitions in addition to its world-renowned gardens
- The GRAMMY® Museum – regularly a $13 admission fee per person and home to the new Whitney Houston exhibition
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County – regularly a $12 admission fee per person and home to the new Dinosaur Hall and the largest public display of gold in the world
- Craft and Folk Art Museum – regularly a $7 admission fee and featuring a new exhibition, Tattooing in LA
- California Science Center – offering 25% off to see the spectacular immersive exhibit, Cleopatra: The Search for the Last Queen of Egypt
A full list of participating museums and hotel booking options are available at www.discoverLosAngeles.com/cultureLA.
No matter which neighborhood travelers wish to call home base during their cultural journey to LA, hotel options span from downtown to the Westside and Hollywood to the Valley, including Hotel Wilshire, Hotel Palomar, JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, Loews Hollywood Hotel, W Hollywood, Custom Hotel, Doubletree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro, Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills and SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. Any participating hotel booked through www.discoverLosAngeles.com/cultureLA at any price point qualifies for the “Museum LA” promotion.
Some of the art world's most famous masterpieces that visitors can enjoy in LA, include:
- Vincent van Gogh’s Irises at the Getty Center;
- Diego Rivera’s Flower Day and Rene Magritte’s Treachery of Images at LACMA;
- One of only 14 known Gutenberg Bibles in the world, a 15th century edition of Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, The Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough and Pinkie by Sir Thomas Lawrence at The Huntington, and
- John Singer Sargeant’s scandalous Doctor Pozzi at Home at The Hammer Museum
Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is a private, nonprofit business association whose primary mission is to market and promote Los Angeles as the premier site for leisure travel, meetings and conventions. Though not part of City government, LA Tourism is recognized as the City’s official tourism marketing organization. For more information, visit the official visitor information website of Los Angeles at www.discoverLosAngeles.com, www.facebook.com/LosAngelesFan or go to Twitter @discoverLA.