LOS ANGELES, Calif. (September 22, 2015) – This October through November, visitors who book a minimum of two nights at a Los Angeles hotel can save more than $450 in admission fees or gift shop discounts at 25 of L.A.’s top museums during L.A. Museum Season, sponsored by the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board and the city’s leading museums.
To take advantage of this deal, visitors must book two or more nights on Hotels.com to receive a special voucher good for two complimentary adult admissions or gift store discounts at participating museums.
“This is the perfect time for visitors to explore L.A.’s outstanding art, history and science museums,” said Michael McDowell, Vice President for Cultural Tourism at the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board. “L.A. is home to more museums than any other U.S. city, and L.A. Museum Season’s spectacular savings offer visitors an ideal opportunity to explore what’s new at their favorite L.A. museums or discover museums they have never been to.”
Highlights of museum savings and exhibition highlights include:
- Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens (A savings of $46 on two regular adult admissions) – Home to more than a dozen expansive, themed gardens, the Huntington boasts the largest collection of British portrait-paintings outside of the United Kingdom—including the world famous Blue Boy by Gainsborough—as well as library treasures such as the earliest known manuscript of Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales and one of only 14 known copies of The Guttenberg Bible, the world’s first printed book. Guests can also visit the new Education and Visitor Center that includes an orientation gallery and 6.5 acres of new gardens.
- Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens (A savings of $40 on two regular adult admissions) – Visitors can view more than 1,100 animals, many of them endangered, among immersive habitats and lush gardens that are reminiscent of natural environments in Asia, South America, Africa and beyond. The Zoo also offers live presentations and shows, a children’s play park, petting zoo, the interactive California Condor Rescue Zone, a beautiful carousel with hand-carved animals and more.
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (A savings of $24 on two regular adult admissions) – The Natural History Museum unravels the mysteries of mummies this fall, offering guests a rare, up-close look of over 20 mummies from Egypt and Peru in new eye-opening exhibition.
- Annenberg Space for Photography & Skylight Studios
- Autry National Center of the American West
- Battleship IOWA Museum
- California Science Center
- Craft & Folk Art Museum
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Getty Center
- Getty Villa
- Hammer Museum
- Hollywood Museum
- Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens
- Japanese American National Museum
- Kidspace Children’s Museum
- Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
- Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Museum of Tolerance
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Norton Simon Museum
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Skirball Cultural Center
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
This is the fourth annual L.A. Museum Season organized by L.A. Tourism. For more information, visit DiscoverLosAngeles.com/MuseumSeason and follow #LAMuseumSeason on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is a private, non-profit business association whose primary mission is to market and promote Los Angeles as the premier site for leisure travel, meetings and conventions as the City’s official tourism marketing organization. For more information, visit the official visitor information website of Los Angeles at discoverLosAngeles.com, join the more than one million people who follow L.A. Tourism’s Facebook page at facebook.com/LosAngelesFan, or follow @discoverLA on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.