The Sales Manager is responsible for promoting LATCB . to secure new members, developing and maintaining current members and is key to executing a revenue generating strategy for the organization.
Key Performance Measures and Accountabilities
• The Sales Manager is responsible for membership sales by cultivating new members, maintain existing assigned accounts and generating membership revenue through organic growth.
• Enter all prospects into CRM system and begin tracking activities from initial contact through conversion to active members.
• Participating and prospecting at industry functions, respond to incoming prospect calls, meeting with prospective members to explain benefits, provide additional information to ensure and secure sale.
• Complete weekly log tracking new members, leads and events for individual and overall team performance.
• Cold-calling from leads discovered through industry publications, internal and other external referral means.
• Actively expand base of qualified membership prospects through new business development and proactive lead generation activities.
• Meet and exceed quarterly, annual new member sales goals, retain and maintain existing members.
• Other marketing, sales project management tasks to achieve department goals as necessary.
• Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing members through recurring personal interaction, written and phone communication and appropriate follow-up activity.
• Orient new members on departments within LATCB , member benefits, accessing the portal, and follow-up to ensure understanding and engagement.
• Ensure all new member information is accurate and correct on all publications, website, etc.
• Maintaining quality customer service for members and prospective members, responding promptly to requests.
• Reviewing and recommending changes to membership fees, services and benefits to supervisor.
• Meets goals and performance plan as established by department head.
• Assist in site recommendations and selection of Membership events and activities
• Develop member prospects for the bureau through all available means and methods including cold calling organizations, attending industry events, cultivating new and maintaining existing relationships, asking for referrals from current clients.
• Produce and maintain active prospecting/sales pipeline reports utilizing the proper sales cycle.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive personal sales development plan to deliver or exceed pre-determined goals for total membership investment via dues and program participation.
• Contact members/prospects on a regular basis to offer assistance with and educate on the value of member benefits, answer questions, updates on new member programs and opportunities, sell participation in sponsored events and cooperative member programs.
• Maintain detailed trace/activity information in CRM member profiles in database management system of all sales and servicing activities.
• Assist in the coordination efforts and participation in activities and functions such as member orientation sessions, mixers, educational programs, events, etc.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key staff and knowledge of Bureau programs and services to maximize member selling opportunities and participation towards cooperative sales and service success.
• Stay abreast of current and upcoming LATCB events, promotion and marketing opportunities to develop a working knowledge of LATCB offerings. Use this knowledge to promote benefits and address member needs.
• Ensure accuracy and completion of all member information entered into database.
• Participate in special programs and projects as needed.
• Keep outlook calendar up to date and accurate to coincide with expense reporting.
Essential Work Experience
• Extensive knowledge of LATCB’s services, inter-departmental functions to understand what LATCB offers and how those offerings can be aligned with the needs of its members
• Sales experience to present LATCB’s services to members/potential members
• Well versed in functions of all departments at LATCB. to ensure appropriate follow-up
• Destination sales experience to present LATCB’s services to members/potential members
• Membership sales and account management and non-profit experience to fully understand organizational nature, scope and budgetary challenges
• Business development experience to know how to create and demonstrate benefits and services value for clients
• Tourism/hospitality industry experience to fully understand the specialized needs of the members and how they can be met
Key Skills and Knowledge
• Good organizational skills to keep track of sales leads and new members
• Strong attention to detail, especially in new member set up
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Possess a high degree of flexibility
• Excellent social and professional skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Thorough knowledge of LATCB’s benefits, services and membership functions
• A deep passion for the work and for promoting LATCB and its member benefits
• Professionally represent LATCB. in the community
• Able to maintain a pulse on the latest trends and current events both within LA and among the industry.
A competitive compensation package that includes health insurance, vacation, sick benefits, participation in our 401(k) Plan and Pension Plan, as well as parking.
Please submit resumes to:
Director of Human Resources