The marketing manager will have superior marketing management skills and experience in brand and project management. This person will manage short and long term partner relationships and assist in the development and execution of leisure (consumer) tourism and convention (meetings) business promotions. The marketing manager will contribute to the achievement of the company's growth and ROI objectives and ensure every program is flawlessly executed and delivers on the goals of the company. This person must be familiar with traditional and new media tools, highly detail oriented, organized, personable, energetic, results driven and extremely service oriented.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and implementing calendars, project briefs, timelines, processes and ROI tracking.
- Clearly and consistently communicates partner initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with the Creative Director to manage project deadlines including e-newsletter inclusion, Visitor Information Center assets, conventions and meeting integration, publication ads, on line ad schedules and overall brand exposure initiatives.
- Oversees partner integrations on web site to ensure appropriate content is on line.
- Manages day to day execution of promotions, partner contracts and needs including daily communication, ad scheduling, meeting coordination and creative approvals.
- Manages day to day promotional projects including communication with partners, sweepstakes prize fulfillment, outreach to obtain new promotional and media assets.
Planning and Execution
- Works closely with partners to develop partner programs, promotional campaigns and leverage partner assets.
- Works closely with internal and external staff to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Meets and shepherds marketing and sales teams’ efforts to ensure all deliverables are executed and placed in the appropriate mediums.
- Manages project budgets as they relate to partner contracts, promotions and programming.
- Seeks and manages new relationships with promotional partners in a variety of categories, including food and beverage, retail, entertainment, technology, travel, transportation, automotive, financial, etc.
- Uses the full range of marketing platforms including digital, traditional and social media to introduce and promote the brand.
- Works with publicity team to extend partner and promotional initiatives to top feeder markets.
- Collaborates with the insights team to research and observe new trends and competitive activities to seek innovative ways to build the Los Angeles brand.
- Creates reports for internal and external presentation and closely tracks project ROI.
- Development of recap reports and new business presentations that include multi-media and impactful graphics/content.
- Achieve ROI goals of 5:1 on projects and programs.
- Tracks and reports achievement of key partner objectives, including annual financial and performance goals with the assistance of the Senior Director.
Development & Team Building
- Manages projects from start to finish and delivers on company ROI objectives.
- Builds strong and open communications with creative, digital and sales teams internally.
- Works towards achieving internal goals set by Senior Director.
- BA required
- Minimum 5 years experience in any or combination of: marketing and agency experience, brand management and project management.
- Experience working with upper management at top tier national brands
- Must be proficient in using and understanding social media tools, tablet devices, all Microsoft office tools, CRM and database media software
- Tourism, hospitality or travel related marketing experience a plus, but not required.
- Superior account management and history of project successes
- Demonstrated results with promotion development and execution
- Partner relationship building and management
- Advertising and media planning execution
- Sweepstakes and giveaway promotions development
- Consumer retention programs
- In store retail promotions
- On air and on line promotions
- Reports to the Senior Director, Marketing
- Interfaces with all divisions and departments of the LATCB.
- Direct contact with LATCB strategic and promotional partners.
- Interface with Bureau members, Chambers of Commerce, BIDS and local communities, media vendors and LATCB advertising agency.
A competitive compensation package that includes a health insurance, vacation, sick benefits, participation in our 401(k) Plan and Pension Plan, as well as subsidized parking. Send Resume to Antoinette Lara at email@example.com.