REPORTS TO: Vice President, Communication
Participates in development of and manages programs to generate positive publicity for LA and LA Tourism members, increasing editorial coverage in consumer and trade media in assigned key international markets in Europe, Asia and Latin America. Manages the day-to-day international visiting journalist program.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Works with international team in LA and 9 offices globally to execute plans for promoting the destination with both consumer and travel trade media. Participates in media messaging, event/stunt and press conference development. Accountable to ensure publicity goals from markets are met by the efforts of the LA office and international offices.
• Oversees development of itineraries for visiting journalists and film crews, including obtaining accommodations, attraction passes and meals, obtaining transportation and serving as an interpreter, if language skills allow.
• Oversees development of media familiarization tours including itineraries, transportation, accommodations, attraction passes, meals and interviews as needed. Serves as host for journalists.
• Works with international offices to organize media development missions and trade show activities in the territories assigned with or without members for the purpose of developing relationships with journalists.
• Drafts and/or edits various speeches, PowerPoint presentations, brochure copy, news releases, Web site articles, newsletter copy and completes other editorial assignments. If applicable, provides or reviews translations.
• For assigned countries, ensures media database is up to date and traces and other information is included in a timely manner.
• Participates in the development of various marketing plans and budgets.
• Manages relevant program budgets, ensuring programs are conducted within budget guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances.
• Ensures contractors are performing as contracted, timely and accurate in reporting and billing, etc.
• Monitors markets for hospitality, travel, PR and social media trends.
• Participates on industry and/or LA Tourism committees and task forces as assigned or selected.
• Assists members in developing and enhancing their own international PR efforts through education and consultation.
• Ensures protection of the LA and LA Tourism brands. Serves as a Brand ambassador.
• Participates in selection process of job relevant outside vendors.
• Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned..
Note: There may be some international travel.
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of culture in Europe, Asia or Latin America.
Must have working knowledge of and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Fluency in Spanish or Chinese a plus.
Ability to make decisions based on cultural customs of the markets assigned.
• Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skill
• Ability to deal with multiple and concurrent programs
• Analytical capability with proficiency in details
Please submit resumes to:
Director of Human Resources