REPORTS TO: Vice President, Communication
Participates in development of and manages programs to generate positive publicity for LA and LA Tourism members, increasing editorial coverage in consumer and trade media in the US and Canada. Manages the day-to-day visiting journalist program.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Develops creative publicity programs to promote the destination in the U.S. and Canada in conjunction with VP, Communication and PR agencies. Manages PR program execution including stunts/events, press conferences and other press events. Accountable to ensure publicity goals from markets are met.
• Proactively contacts journalists in assigned markets to discuss story angles and arranges interviews with LA Tourism representatives to increase editorial coverage of the destination and organization.
• Oversees development of media familiarization tours including itineraries, accommodations, attraction passes, meals and interviews as needed. Serves as host for journalists.
• Oversees development of itineraries for visiting journalists and film crews. Serves as host for journalists.
• Organizes and leads or participates in media development missions and trade show activities in the territories assigned with or without members for the purpose of developing relationships with journalists.
• Drafts and/or edits various speeches, PowerPoint presentations, brochure copy, news releases, Web site articles, newsletter copy and completes other editorial assignments. If necessary, provides or reviews translations.
• Participates in the development of various marketing plans and budgets.
• Manages relevant program budgets, ensuring programs are conducted within budget guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances.
• Ensures contractors are performing as contracted, timely and accurate in reporting and billing, etc.
• Monitors markets for hospitality, travel, PR and social media trends.
• Participates on industry and/or LA Tourism committees and task forces as assigned or selected.
• Ensures media database is up to date and traces and other information is included in a timely manner.
• Assists members in developing and enhancing their own PR efforts through education, and consultation.
• Ensures protection of the LA and LA Tourism brand. Serves as a Brand ambassador.
• Participates in selection process of job relevant outside vendors.
• Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
Note: Requires some travel throughout US and Canada.
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have working knowledge of and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Spanish writing and speaking skills a plus.
• Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to deal with multiple and concurrent programs
• Analytical capability with proficiency in details
Please submit resumes to:
Director of Human Resources