REPORTS TO: Vice President, Communication
Participates in development of and manages programs to generate positive publicity for LA and LA Tourism members, increasing editorial coverage in local media, and business and meetings trade media in the US and Canada.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Proactively contacts journalists in assigned markets to discuss story angles and arranges interviews with LA Tourism representatives to increase editorial coverage of the destination and organization. Accountable to ensure publicity goals from markets are met.
• Seeks and supports public appearances, speaking engagements, and panel discussions for C-level executives to increase awareness of organization and its activities.
• Oversees development of media familiarization tours including itineraries, accommodations, attraction passes, meals and interviews as needed. Serves as host for visiting journalists from assigned markets.
• Supports media development missions and trade show activities involving political, community and/or Board of Director participation.
• Drafts and/or edits various speeches, PowerPoint presentations, brochure copy, news releases, Web site articles, advertorial, newsletter copy, annual report and other editorial assignments.
• Supports Vice President on issues and crisis communication management. Updates crisis communication plan.
• Assists with internal employee communication.
• Monitors markets for hospitality, travel, PR and social media trends.
• Participates on industry and/or LA Tourism committees and task forces as assigned or selected.
• Ensures media database is up to date and traces and other information is included in a timely manner.
• Assists members in developing and enhancing their own PR efforts through education, and consultation.
• Ensures protection of the LA and LA Tourism brand. Serves as a Brand ambassador.
• Participates in selection process of job relevant outside vendors.
• Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
Note: Requires some travel throughout US and Canada.
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have working knowledge of and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to deal with multiple and concurrent programs
• Analytical capability with proficiency in details
Please submit resumes to:
Director of Human Resources