Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a large scale event for thousands of attendees, meeting professionals can think outside the box at spectacular outdoor spaces throughout LA.
Grand Park is a 12-acre public park in the heart of Downtown’s cultural and civic center, stretching from The Music Center on the west to City Hall on the east. One of the largest parks in Los Angeles County, Grand Park features multi-use spaces and lawns that welcome all sizes and styles of events, celebrations and activities for the entire community. Grand Park spans four blocks, each of which includes distinctive amenities. Blocks One and Two—from Grand Avenue to Hill Street—opened to the public with inaugural activities in July 2012. Blocks Three and Four—from Hill Street to Spring Street—will open to the public in fall 2012.
Grand Park was designed to accommodate the needs of many types of performances and events, with state-of-the-art multimedia technology and multiple options that provide for flexibility in set-up. The Music Center, in conjunction with the county, oversees and operates Grand Park and plans to create a dynamic, inclusive environment for community events, cultural experiences, festivals and holiday celebrations. The Music Center also oversees Grand Park’s spaces, which can be rented for events and activities by public and private parties.
16801 Pacific Coast Highway, Pacific Palisades, 310.230.4705
- Japanese Garden: Serene Asian setting with traditional teahouse, raked Zen garden, and koi-filled stream. Accommodates up to 60.
- Rose Pavilion: Craftsman-style open-air pavilion surrounded by 4,000 rose bushes. Accommodates 180 for table seating, 225 for lecture-style seating.
1418 Descanso Dr., La Canada Flintridge, 818.949.4200
Set on 206 acres in San Marino, The Huntington Library features an acclaimed art collection, a Chinese Scholar’s Garden and other specialty gardens. The historic Japanese Garden is re-opening in spring 2012 after a year-long, multi-million dollar restoration. Multiple special event sites include:
- The Munger Research Center Plaza at the main entrance provides an excellent setting for large scale dinners.
- Huntington Art Gallery South Terrace is perfect for dinners, receptions and musical performances.
- The Shakespeare Garden evokes an English garden and provides a beautiful location for a spring cocktail reception.
- The Boone Gallery exterior can accommodate receptions of up to 300 guests.
- The Rose Garden is a stunning location for an intimate dinner or standing cocktail reception. Take advantage of its peak season (April-June) for an evening filled with fragrance and beauty.
- The Dorothy Collins Brown Garden Lawn is available for large outdoor events (up to 500 seated).
1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, 626.683.8131
- The Courtyard is at the front entrance to the museum and accommodates up to 1,200 people beneath twinkling lights in large oak trees and a grand center fountain.
- Ruwe Terrace features the Library's West Lawn, a replica of the White House South Lawn. The Terrace and Lawn accommodate up to 1,000 guests in a serene setting with stunning sunset views.
- The White House Rose Garden was built as a 3/4 replica of its namesake, an outdoor venue perfectly suited for a small outdoor event with a magnificent view of the mountains to the north.
40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley, 805.522.2977
Nestled on 15 acres in the Santa Monica Mountains, the Skirball Cultural Center has been admired for its intimate scale and sensitivity to the natural environment. Exterior spaces accommodate gatherings of all sizes, and include:
- Guerin Courtyard is an elegant setting adjacent to the Ahmanson Ballroom. Glass doors open to create a beautiful indoor/outdoor flow. The Courtyard is an ideal setting for a reception or simply to "dance under the stars."
- Taper Courtyard fronts a tranquil reflecting pool and can accomodate sit-down dinners for up to 500 guests and cocktails/buffets for 150–1,200.
- Krasnow Terrace is a circular space overlooking the Taper Courtyard, perfect for small receptions or cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.
- Ziegler Amphitheater seats 300 without seat cushions, or 256 when seat cushions are provided.
2701 North Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, 310.440.4500
12833 Ventura Boulevard, Studio City, 818.755.5000
1219 Vine St., Los Angeles, 323.978.0005
All 75,000 square feet of outdoor event space at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes offers breathtaking ocean views. Just a few of the outdoor options include:
- Event Lawns: Terranea offers a total of nine individual terraces and lawns, all offering full ocean views. The Meadows event venue features over 16,000 square feet of a gently sloping lawn, ideal for concerts, creative lectures and team building activities.
- "Point" and "Cove" Meeting Rooms offer seamless flow to outdoor terraces, allowing guests to interact and enjoy the scenic Palos Verdes setting.
- Palos Verdes Grand Ballroom spills out into spacious pre-function foyers and onto the ocean-view Palos Verdes Terrace, the perfect outdoor complement to any function.
100 Terranea Way, Rancho Palos Verdes, 310.265.2800
The Patio contains two charming courtyards that can accommodate 150 for a reception or ceremony.
55 South Grand Avenue, Pasadena, 626.584.7494