Here’s just a snapshot of what this premier conference dedicated to LA’s tourism landscape will include:
- National and State Tourism Updates by Roger Dow, President & CEO of the U.S. Travel Association, Yvonne La Penotiere, CMO of Brand USA and Caroline Beteta, President & CEO of Visit California
- State of LA’s Lodging Industry by Bruce Baltin, PKF Consulting
- Meetings and Conventions Outlook and Trends by Junior Tauvaa, Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- Presentation of LA Tourism’s FY2013/2014 Marketing and Sales Plans
- Industry Panel Discussions on China Visitation Prospects
- Industry Panel Discussion on New Media Applications and Trends
- Distribution of LA Tourism’s new Annual Marketing & Planning Resource Guide
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
8:15 a.m. – 8:50 a.m.
Ernest Wooden, Jr. - President and CEO, LATCB
Mayor Eric Garcetti
Councilman Tom LaBonge
II. NATIONAL/STATE OVERVIEW
8:50 – 10:20 a.m.
National Legislative/Advocacy (Roger J. Dow, President & CEO - U.S. Travel Association)
International Tourism Marketing (Yvonne LA Penotiere - CMO, BrandUSA)
State Tourism Marketing (Caroline Beteta - President & CEO, VisitCA)
10:20 – 10:35 a.m.
III. LA TOURISM OUTLOOK
10:35 – 11:00 a.m.
LA Tourism Profile & Forecast (Wendy Kheel, LATCB)
IV. FY14 LATCB PLANS
11:00 – 11:45 p.m.
FY14 Marketing & Sales (Don Skeoch, LATCB & Roberta Rinker-Ludloff, LATCB)
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
LUNCHEON: Keynote Speaker (Patrick McClenahan-President and CEO of the 2015 Special Olympics World Games)
V. AIR & LODGING OUTLOOK
1:15 – 2:20 p.m.
LAWA Developments (Mary Grady - Managing Director Media & PR, Los Angeles World Airports)
FY14 LA Hotel Metrics (Bruce Baltin - Partner, PKF)
Meetings Market Trends (Junior Tauvaa - Senior Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Meeting Professionals International)
2:20 – 2:35 p.m.
VI. NEW MEDIA
2:35 – 3:40 p.m.
Digital Marketing Opportunity (Marco Reginelli, Google Travel)
LATCB Web/Social Overview (Bill Karz, LATCB)
LATCB FY14 Promotions (John Boudouvas, LATCB)
3:45 – 4:40 p.m.
The China Opportunity (Wendy Kheel, LATCB)
LATCB FY14 China Plans (Kathy Smits, LATCB)
China Readiness (Rajesh Chandnani, Vice President of Strategy - WATG | Wimberly Interiors )
4:50 – 5:00 p.m.
Closing Remarks (Ernest Wooden, Jr. - President and CEO, LATCB)
Networking Reception immediately follows 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.